3rd Party Chargers

existent

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I want to buy a car charger for the Canon LPE5 type batteries. Canon's own model is £80-£100 whereas, 3rd party chargers are less than £10...

Does anyone have any experience with the 3rd party chargers? I know many people use 3rd party batteries and they are happy with them, but haven't seen anything about chargers.

Are they reliable? Or am I better of going with the expensive one?

i have used thrid party chargers in the past , and havn,t had any problems with them, handy when you have more than one battery to charge at the same time, ( take both batteries out of a grip and charge them at the same time rather than 1 at a time)., as long as the charger has overcharge protection you really shouldnt have a problem. Mike

The 3rd party chargers and batteries for my 40D work fine.

With my batteries for my 5D mk2 (LP-E6) 3rd party chargers wont work, and the orginal charger wont take 3rd party batteries.

The 3rd party chargers and batteries for my 40D work fine.

With my batteries for my 5D mk2 (LP-E6) 3rd party chargers wont work, and the orginal charger wont take 3rd party batteries.

This is an interesting point. with my 400D I had only one real canon battery, the others were from 7dayshop and ebay, not an issue. I also had a thirdparty incar charger that worked a treat.

Did not even think about it when I go the 5dMkII went and ordered a batt and an incar from ebay.
The charger will not see the canon battery and visa versa.

Also when I put the ebay Batt in the camera it lets me use it but does not report the battery level of charge, which is a pain in the bum.

Anyone manged to use a thirdparty LP-E6 with no issue?

i dont think a third party charger will ever work with the original 5d mk2 batteries, canon have made them more like video cam batteries the info-lithium type that display minutes left, etc.mike

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom