1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3m+ extension cable several-plugs-into-1-socket thingie

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Carlos13, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Carlos13

Carlos13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm after one of those thingies, you know, extension cables with 4, 6 or 8 sockets that plug into one main socket and protect against surge etc. I have tried doing searches, but as I don't know what they are actually called its proving difficult!

I remember reading a review in one of the mags but I can't find it. Budget around £40-50 max. I need at least a 2m cable, preferably 3m.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. jon_mendel

jon_mendel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    They're called surge protectors (at least the basic ones are - if you're looking at spending around the £50 mark you'll probably get one that filters rfi as well). FWIW, somewhere like Maplins will do surge protectors with that number of sockets for under £20 (and I found that Tescos do even cheaper ones which are pretty well constructed); others should be able to give you advice on more expensive devices...

Jon

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    If you are willing to spend £50 on a surge protector then IMO you wont find better than This.
    These units have unlimited replacement warrenty on all equipment connected to them, and if lightning etc should damage the unit itself Belkin will even replace it.
    I have 3 of these in use on my system at home and can highly recommend them. They are expensive, but with expensive equipment plugged into them I feel the unlimited warrenty gives peace of mind. If you have noisy mains supply then the filtering can help to improve both picture and sound quality.

Mark.

4. Carlos13

Carlos13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Mark that looks like exactly what I need.