3gs yellow tint

paulm34

Established Member
Hi got a replacment iPhone 3gs from apple retail store today. And have noticed the screen to have a very yellow tint than my old one which looks like tobacco smoke staining. I ran them up and will replace it but my local store is 2 hrs away. So online support are sending me one out free of charge. Is this a common problem as I don't want to get another one the same or am I been picky. I wish I kept my old one as that had a lovley White screen

Is it a fault or are some just like it. I have goggled it but they keep going on about 3g compare 3gs screens not saying if its a fault

Its not a fault, the first 3gs' came with the yellow tint, the newer ones dont come with the yellow tint (according to apple), thats what the 'genius' told me a while ago when i went to the apple store

Last edited:

paulm34

Established Member
So i guess I have an old one at the moment.I Think if apple say the new ones don't have a tint but the old ones do sounds like a fault to me if they are not the same. And if the other one looks to be the same it will be going back to apple aswell

paulm34

Established Member
Got my second replacement today from apple online and from the build code it looks to be either new or very close as it was built 1st week in june 2010 and it has a white screen:thumbsup:. The one with the yellow screen was built in december 2009.So im very happy now:D

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom