• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3g sim in 2g phone on o2

Alantubbydj

Standard Member
:hiya: I`ve got a nokia 6230i and my son wants a nokia N73 (he`s on vodaphone payg) for xmas so i was thinking i`m due an upgrade so if i got an N73 and gave it to him would the 3G sim that i get with the new N73 work in the 6230i or should i just not activate the new sim and just keep the old one, i don`t know if they turn the old one off after issuing a new sim, also if i was to activate the new 3G sim would it be locked to the N73, i`m on o2.

Ayub

Distinguished Member
I dont think 3g sims work on non 3g phones. i have just got a 3g contract and have tried it in my phones nokia 6630/mto v600/xda2/x200 and it does not work on them. I have a lg which came with my bundle and it only works with that. All my phones are open to all networks appart from the 3 group.

jeffod

Banned
i think its the network providers that try to scare by saying a 3g sim will not work in a 2g as orange tried this with me. i think its some reason like the fact that a lot of fre upgrades end up on ebay.
my old 3g vodafone sim worked in my sony k700i with as far as i know is a 2g phone and also my new orange sim which i definatly 3g worked in it also

Ayub

Distinguished Member
i have a 3g sim/phone. my 3g sim does not work in a

mda3/6230/6310i/nec/pannyx200/motov600!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom