• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

3G iphone goes straight to answerfone and late txts

3pss

hi have a 3g iphone and love it but have a problem
sometimes phone calls go straight to answerphone even though
i have full reception (happens alot) and txts arrive sometimes hours or days late am using REBELSIM with VODAFONE anyone else having problems
or is it the phone/rebel sim

Steven

Senior Moderator
Backup contacts and whatnot, then reset?

ROBIN50N

hi have a 3g iphone and love it but have a problem
sometimes phone calls go straight to answerphone even though
i have full reception (happens alot) and txts arrive sometimes hours or days late am using REBELSIM with VODAFONE anyone else having problems
or is it the phone/rebel sim

probly the rebel sim. ive seen peopl say the v2 version works better.

dishdoc

probly the rebel sim. ive seen peopl say the v2 version works better.

Not the sim, mate ...mine is on official O2 contract, and I'm having the same trouble:thumbsdow

ROBIN50N

dishdoc

over the weekend I was recieving texts 3 - 4 hours late!!! Not good:thumbsdow

DanielNB

When I'm at home calls sometimes go straight to voicemail, not very handy that and never had that problem with my N95 brick.

pacificdragon

I have 3g iPhone on T-Mobile with the Turbo Sim v2 and the same happens with me, I find by rebooting the device it solves the problem and all the text messages and missed calls flood through.

I can't remember which forum I was reading ( one of the American equivalents ) was saying it happens quite a lot and they seem to think that when you connect via wifi and then disconnect occassionally the iphone has problems connecting with the carriers network. They have said Apple is aware but no comment from them,,, " Maybe " might be addressed on future updates,,, never had this problem with any other phones I use the sim card with :( :( :(

pacificdragon

Do you use the turbosim with them as well?

I only use the turbo sim with the iphone my others always come unlocked from T-Mobile,, although I have noticed the problem with my o2 sim card, just contacted o2 CS using my original sim card and the technical helpdesk are aware of the problem but say it is not network specific problem and to either take it back to CPW or an Apple store for their repair / faults dept to look at,

Although it does annoy me, I have the toggle reset button on my dashboard so it only takes about 30 secs to reboot and only push one button so will just have to live with it unless somebody out there has a solution that cures this problem

richcandy

I have a 3G iPhone on contract with O2 and I have had this. Only once but I was at home with full signal and the phone did not ring. Next thing there was voice mail.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom