• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3dtv €1800 - €2200 budget

ussjtrunks

Established Member
looking for a new tv I'm interested currently in the Sony 823 and the Samsung d8000

I mainly use the tv for gaming (moderate use), blurays (heavy use) and sky hd (low use maybe an hour a day and football at the weekends)

the samsung is top of my list but I'm still worried about the uniformity issues and input lag, plus Plasmas arent really my thing never really liked them but would the Panny 50" vt20 be good value for €1500 as I saw one today and it looked just as bright as most modern lcds

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
If your opinion of plasma is based on what you see in th big stores your missing out IMO. Plasmas don't handle bright environments as well as LCDs, otherwise plasma is way better IMO. Worth having a demo of the GT30 if you can, best bet is to go to an independent dealer for this or a company like Richer sounds or Sevenoaks, they have proper demo rooms.

Plasma will give you better motion and less cross talk with 3D.

ussjtrunks

Established Member
I dont think I've seen a tv store with proper demo rooms in Ireland you guys in England are lucky, I've had a samsung lcd as my 1st main tv and I love it + I dont really know much about the dowsides of plasmas screen burn/image retention etc

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
I dont think I've seen a tv store with proper demo rooms in Ireland you guys in England are lucky, I've had a samsung lcd as my 1st main tv and I love it + I dont really know much about the dowsides of plasmas screen burn/image retention etc

Whereabouts in Ireland are you?

IR hasn't been an issue for me, I do get it sometimes but its slight and goes withing minutes. Burn is very rare now, your more likely to have another fault than get burn.

http://www.*/news/plasma-screen-burn-2007032738.htm

Try doing a search here http://www.panasonic.co.uk/html/en_GB/Dealers/All+Dealers/220395/index.html#anker_221332

Last edited:

ussjtrunks

Established Member
Im around Cork, going to check harvey normans and some other tv retailers this weekend, still havent seen the new 11 models in the flesh

Scooby2000

Distinguished Member
Im around Cork, going to check harvey normans and some other tv retailers this weekend, still havent seen the new 11 models in the flesh

Seen the U, C, G and GT, the GT30 is a very nice set, had a play in a dark part of my local Comet away from most the lights, very slick set, will see if I can find a VT30 next week my local independent doesn't have them in yet. Quite a few Pany stores in Limerick Dealers - All Dealers - Panasonic UK & Ireland not exactly local but may be worth a trip.:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom