3DS XL volume issues

tazmago

Hi, just picked up a 3DS XL and noticed how low the volume is with this handheld. I have to have it cranked up to full to be able to hear it at a reasonable level. If I move the slider to anything below half way and there is no sound at all. I have also tried it connected to an external speaker and had to have both speaker and 3DS XL on max for any kind of normal volume.

I have set the 3DS XL to stereo but this doesn't really improve things. Is this normal or is mine faulty. What is the point of having a volume slider if only the top half registers anything at all.

Cheers, J

tazmago

I popped into my local PC World and Currys today to compare their 3DS XL with mine. Amazingly both of the demo units were even quieter than mine :eek:

As a result I am quite happy with mine now, and have been using an x-mi mini 2 speaker plugged into it (both set on max of course) which makes the sound a lot meatier :thumbsup:

tazmago

I usually play with headphones so haven't really noticed .
Yeah, headphones would be the best option, but my damned tinnitus won't let me use them :mad:

All is good now and currently reliving some fond memories in the world of Hyrule :smashin: