3DS Update 3.0

vinvader

Prominent Member
Reaction score
The 3DS system update 3.0 has arrived today a day early.

http://www.nintendo.com/3ds/system-update

Update to Nintendo 3DS Camera:
3D Video Recording [2]
3D Stop Motion/Time Lapse
Update to StreetPass Mii Plaza:
Includes Find Mii II / StreetPass Quest II
New puzzle swap panels [3]
Improves StreetPass function
Update to Nintendo eShop:
Ability to download demos
Ability to download in-game purchases
Ability to download downloadable content while in Sleep Mode
Ability to purchase add on downloadable content for games
Nintendo 3DS software transfer
Improves system security
Improves QR Code function
Improves online play
Includes previous updates
Nintendo Zone(Not in EU)
Blocks many flash cartriges

Yeah updated mine today. Not really anything to write home about.
Where do you download demos? I cant seem to find it.

Last edited:
There's quite a few new things to the Plaza, when I opened it I got 23 Accomplishments (cough Achievements).

I like the map of where the people you street pass are from.

3D video recording is a nice option shame the camera is so crap.

I opened the eshop and there's no sign of any demos yet maybe tomorrow.

Need to check out the plaza. Not got any street hits but i havent had it out of the house yet.
Im on a week long course in Manchester next week and taking the train so might take it with me and keep it in my pocket. Hopefully get some hits then.

It seems to be adding people you've played online (Mario Kart) as well, so you should have loads. You're in my Plaza now. :hiya:

Edit: you can only use people you've street passed in person on the quest and puzzles.

Last edited:
Im on a week long course in Manchester next week and taking the train so might take it with me and keep it in my pocket. Hopefully get some hits then.

If you carry it in your pocket then put something like a glasses lens cloth between the screens when it's closed, as pressure on the case can cause the lower screen surround to scratch the top screen.

If you carry it in your pocket then put something like a glasses lens cloth between the screens when it's closed, as pressure on the case can cause the lower screen surround to scratch the top screen.

That's a load of rubbish, I've been carrying my 3DS around with me for months and my screens don't have any scratches.

That's a load of rubbish, I've been carrying my 3DS around with me for months and my screens don't have any scratches.

Mine does they're only light scratches and they're not really that visible when playing games but they are there (on mine and many other peoples) so continued ware would presumably make them worse. Look at your screen in a bright light when it's off, the scratches appear in line with the two sides of the bottom screen boarder.

A whole thread on the problem...
http://3dsforums.com/questions-answers-40/3ds-scratching-itself-24601/

Perfect example...

Last edited:

I've just returned mine today due to having 2 scratch lines on my top screen, and a circular "print" from my analogue nub...very common issue, and annoying if you have the scratches, as they only get worse.

I'm going to check my new one later on, and I will be placing that piece of foam you get when new, back inbetween the screens when not in use.

Quality control missed this one, and nearly a year on, still no fix, as with the linked thread, people still have the issue.

EDIT: I'm gonna put 2 foam "feet" in it, as I found a sheet of them that came with my old speakers, for use as feet for them.That should stop it.

Last edited:
Quality control missed this one, and nearly a year on, still no fix, as with the linked thread, people still have the issue.

EDIT: I'm gonna put 2 foam "feet" in it, as I found a sheet of them that came with my old speakers, for use as feet for them.That should stop it.

Looking at my 3DS now, I don't think there's any clearance between the screens at all when closed, if there is then it's only 1mm. The rubber stops have either sunk into the lid a bit or were never big enough in the first place.

Look at your screen in a bright light when it's off, the scratches appear in line with the two sides of the bottom screen boarder.

My screen is spotless, no scratches: http://i.imgur.com/bQcMv.jpg All my handheld systems have been like this that I've ever owned, I always make sure the screens are clean.

Japan was the only region to get demos in the eshop yesterday, they were...

Monster Hunter 3G
Dead Or Alive: Dimensions
Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic
Crayon Shin Chan
New Love Plus
Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary 3DS

Each game demo can only played a limited amount of times, between 5 and 30 times.
There's no word yet on when we will receive demos or what they will be.

love the update, been putting 3d movie trailers on mine and they look fab!

I just thought what I'd love to see implemented in the next update: flash player! I love the QR function in the 3DS (using the camera to scan special codes found in magazines etc to quickly gain access to various websites showing videos/pictures etc) but unfortunately because the 3DS' web browser doesn't support flash, it's pretty much useless.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to watch YT videos in the palm of your hand?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom