3DS - Fire Emblem Fates

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
Now with a proper sub-title! Fire Emblem Fates will ship as two different versions with branching storylines told from the perspective of two rival armies. Coming in 2016.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Absolutely can't wait for this. I must admit that i'm pretty down in the dumps with regard to Nintendo at the moment, but this is one of the games i'm most looking forward to on any platform over the next year or two.

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
I'm still gutted this is on 3DS. Why no Fire Emblem for the WiiU?o_O

I would go out and get a 3DS for this and the other Fire Emblem, but one thing I've learned over the years is I' just not a handheld game player anymore. I don't commute or play at work, and when I'm home I like to kick back and play on the big screen.

This looks great though, God I miss Fire Emblem.

[EDIT]How come all the 3DS games in the WiiU Games section?

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member

I would go out and get a 3DS for this and the other Fire Emblem, but one thing I've learned over the years is I' just not a handheld game player anymore. I don't commute or play at work, and when I'm home I like to kick back and play on the big screen.

Yeah, would be an ideal game for the Wii U, with the Gamepad support. Instead Nintendo seem intent on using the gamepad as a tacked on idea in other games.

That said, these do make great 3DS games as you can just pick it up and play a bit whenever, but like you, i'd have loved to have seen them do this for the Wii U instead.

I think all games (3DS & Wii U) just get bundled in the same section now.

Det

Distinguished Member

Just leave it in the bathroom and have a go 10 mins at a time... problem solved. You'll just finish each one in 2 years.

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
I've asked the mods to change this sub-forum to cover Wii U and 3DS games and transfer all the old threads over. Currently the 3DS games threads get lost in the main Nintendo forum or are left languishing in the Wii/SNES/Gamecube one.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Got mine today due to a nice family member with contacts. Will start with birth right first. Reviews are flowing in and high marks all around :)

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
Yeah, I wish we had a release date in the UK. Both games look like worthy sequels to Awakening, I just need to squeeze them into my backlog somehow.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Birth right is good so far. Plenty of improvements over awakening and on hard it's quite tricky.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Argghhhh forgot how devastating it can be playing classic mode and losing key members. Just lost a good healer and a ninja. I know a lot re roll but I'd rather live with the consequences. I'll do another playthrough with no perma death anyway to mess with pairings etc.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Not had as much time on this as I'd like but I'm around halfway through birthright. Getting quite tricky in some missions. Got some great pairings now though.

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
I need to play these. Any news on uk release dates? If not, then I may have to dabble with the us versions. I take it there's no region lock.

Last edited:

addyb

Distinguished Member
I need to play these. Any news on uk release dates? If not, then I may have to dabble with the us versions. I take it there's no region lock.
Yep region lock but I got hold of a US 3ds and grabbed them digitally :)

$39.99 apiece for Birthright and Conquest and Revelations was $19.99 but not released until next week.

Cost me around £72 which I'm happy with as I love fire emblem and to have 3 helpings of it is a dream :)

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Jeez Nintendo, it's 2016 and you still region lock games. It's like being back in the 90's lol. What's the hold up with a uk release!

addyb

Distinguished Member
Jeez Nintendo, it's 2016 and you still region lock games. It's like being back in the 90's lol. What's the hold up with a uk release!
I heard it's because bravely second released in the UK before the US so they are staggering them. That could be complete bollox though lol.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
More likely that UK is delayed because they want to do a simultaneous Euro release so it needs translating into French, German, Italian, Spanish etc...meaning we have to wait :(

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
So it's out in Europe on 20th May then! A bit of a wait, but I've got plenty to be playing. Looking forward to getting stuck into these though. One thing, do these work on the standard 3DS's or just the New ones?

Daft Ada

Distinguished Member
So it's out in Europe on 20th May then! A bit of a wait, but I've got plenty to be playing. Looking forward to getting stuck into these though. One thing, do these work on the standard 3DS's or just the New ones?
They work on the old ones too. No special features unlocked on the New 3DS either.

I have plenty to keep me going till May, barely scratched the surface of Xenoblade X, and a big pile of unfinished PS4 stuff. I'll be preordering the special edition though, the thought of three FEs to play through at once just sounds too exciting to pass up!

Kwman

Anyone know where there is stock of the collectors edition? Seems to be sold out ion Game and Nintendo