3DS Error message!

dllord

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody else had a error message on the 3DS yet? Ive had it twice now, once when i first put SF 3D in and another when just using the menus on the 3DS itself. The screen goes black and the bottom screen says "A problem has occured, hold down the power button and restart the system. Contact your local support center if the problem persist"

Hopfully another update will fix it as im already on the latest update

Anybody else had a error message on the 3DS yet? Ive had it twice now, once when i first put SF 3D in and another when just using the menus on the 3DS itself. The screen goes black and the bottom screen says "A problem has occured, hold down the power button and restart the system. Contact your local support center if the problem persist"

Hopfully another update will fix it as im already on the latest update

Not happened to me yet but not used it much, will give it a good play today and see what happens :smashin:

I've had this message as well, it occured after playing pilotwings exiting and going back into the system menus.
Resolved after a powercycle.

Ive read of a couple of people that have had that error, doesnt seem too common and hasnt happened to me yet. A few comments about it here:-

The Black Screen of Death?

I was worried when getting the 3ds as my dsi xl gives me that error all the time. I returned that to nintendo but they sent it back saying no fault found...

I took my 3DS back to GAME today for a replacment as it's crashed about 5 times and I've had the error message twice as well. The error message occured with Ghost Recon. Lego Star Wars has crashed in game and has refused to load a couple of times resulting in being stuck on a black screen.

I just got this error today while in the middle of a game of monkey ball. Then I read this:-

The Black Screen of Death (Continued)

One guy reckons it could be a problem with the wifi setup rather than a problem with the ds. I have kept my wifi turned off on the 3ds up until today and havent had the error before. Then i thought, as i can easily within 2 minutes of using my dsi xl get it to give me this error. Never thought of disabling wifi on the xl so i did this and now i cant get it to give me the error any more! So in my case atleast it looks like something going on with my wifi, maybe wep settings or something...

i've got my first black screen today :(

was playing lego star wars (with wifi on). i was on the jedi crash level, act 2 & it was supposed to be loading (stormtrooper dancing) for the first time but instead just went black.
wifi was still flashing away & power light on. had to press power button for about 30 seconds before it shut down.

i've got my first black screen today :(

was playing lego star wars (with wifi on). i was on the jedi crash level, act 2 & it was supposed to be loading (stormtrooper dancing) for the first time but instead just went black.
wifi was still flashing away & power light on. had to press power button for about 30 seconds before it shut down.

Yep same thing happened to me last night - though I've had about 10 crashes/freezes while playing LSW III now.... mainly during the loading screens.

Last night was my first black screen though - then about 15 mins later I got the error message too.

I've never had even one crash/freeze on my other last gen DS'. :suicide:

Both of my boys have the LSWIII, one 3DS has the black screen of death nearly every time it is used, the other is fine, both have wifi off.

Both of my boys have the LSWIII, one 3DS has the black screen of death nearly every time it is used, the other is fine, both have wifi off.

Thank god it's not just me ! :clap:

I wonder if it's a software or hardware issue though ? :confused:

Thank god it's not just me ! :clap:

I wonder if it's a software or hardware issue though ? :confused:

wondering that myself. if its software can (or more importantly will) they do patches ? either on the card or on the SD.

mine just froze for the 2nd time on lego star wars :(

i'd just started a new level, the cut scences at the start just didnt look right. but it played until it got to the point where it was about to load another cut scene & this time the pictures froze.

I'm not sure ?

LSW III has been a real problem for me with crashes and black screens - I've had another 2 crashes and 2 black screens today. :( (no error message though)

If you google '3DS black screen' it seems the problem is rife. Not a good sign for a new hardware release. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing some sort of hardware issue or hard-/firm-ware interaction. We have two 3DSs and two copies of LSWIII. Neither 3DS has been updated, one reliably fails while the other is fine, swapping the game cartridge makes no difference, the fault stays in the 3DS. The failing unit also has the white screen lockup on the face chasing game. Will hang with it for now in the hope a firmware update arrives to improve stability, but will return for refund prior to 30days if not.

Mines failing on an updated blue 3DS.

Just done it another 2 times, 1 while buying characters using coins (Picture froze) & the other straight after restarting from that (froze on dancing trooper after selecting file to load)

All 4 times it's never shown an error message, just froze. Though I did hold the power button straigt away

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom