3d3 glasses vs ebay glasses

Thread moved.

3D3 glasses are very good for Panasonics, quality feel, colour and depth very good in my experience. Any difference isn't huge though.

So would the recommendation be keep the free ones i got buy the cheaper ebay ones or will the 3d3 ones be worth the extra £17.

I just don't want to buy the £39.99 ones and find out i could have gone with the cheaper ones and saved £17.

Hi John,
I have a Panasonic 55" VT50 and two pairs of Panasonic 3D glasses. I went to a TPS seminar and was given a couple of pairs of the other glasses (3D3). Both sets do the job very well, but hand on heart I think the 3D3 glasses are more comfortable to wear for long periods. If you buy the 3D3 glasses, you won't be disappointed. The 3D3 glasses actually feel better quality.
Chris

chelsea4023 said:
Hi John,
I have a Panasonic 55" VT50 and two pairs of Panasonic 3D glasses. I went to a TPS seminar and was given a couple of pairs of the other glasses (3D3). Both sets do the job very well, but hand on heart I think the 3D3 glasses are more comfortable to wear for long periods. If you buy the 3D3 glasses, you won't be disappointed. The 3D3 glasses actually feel better quality.
Chris

Agreed.
To add to this with the cross talk testing I have done with both the panny and 3D3 glasses I found the 3D3 had slightly less cross talk too.
Also colours seem more natural and finer detailing is easier to see.

Thanks it's sounding like the 3d3 are better than the panasonic. Now i just need to find out if the cheaper ebay ones are the same as the 3d3. Like i mentioned i don't want to spend extra if they are essentially the same glasses.

Well no one seems to be responding so i am guessing the cheaper ebay glasses are just like the 3d3 ones only well £17 cheaper so if no one responds by Monday next week it's the cheaper glasses for me.
Strange that the same glasses should have such a difference in price.

Those glasses look exactly like the 3active ones on amazon that are £32.95 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/SAMSUNG-Com...4S/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1363856390&sr=8-18. I bought some for my Samsung tv and they are really good. If you search for 3active on amazon you will find some listed that say panasonic comaptible, but those are a slightly different style and I find them rather uncomfortable compared to the ones I linked to. I also tried a cheaper pair for £23.50 from Amazon (I think SainSonic) and they showed a weird darker bar along the top of the screen (about a third of the screen) so I returned them.

Just to clarify, I think the 3active ones are more like the 3D3 ones than the cheaper ones.

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
I just took a closer look at the £23.00 glasses and they are in the same box as my SainSonic ones were. They are the ones where I got a weird black bar along the top so I definitely wouldn't recommend those. the 3active type ones are better in my opinion.

johnbower said:
Well no one seems to be responding so i am guessing the cheaper ebay glasses are just like the 3d3 ones only well £17 cheaper so if no one responds by Monday next week it's the cheaper glasses for me.
Strange that the same glasses should have such a difference in price.

There are a few brands of 3D glasses which use the same factories in China to supply the frames.

The differences are in the lenses and the firmware.

We spent many months developing the firmware for 3D3 glasses. Many forum members can confirm that that development was worthwhile.

Firmware that has not been optimised for different models can give issues like crosstalk, flickering and cause headaches.

Many of the eBay sellers including the one you linked to are based and/or shipping from Hong Kong and China. You could pay VAT and import duty when arrive.

Consider whether the warranty backup and helping the UK economy is important!

Craig @ TPS
AVForums Assured Advertiser

I have both the 3D3 glasses and the Panasonic ones I got with my 50ST50, and whilst the 3D3 are excellent, the Panny's IMO are the glasses of choice - the only drawback is that they are battery powered rather than USB. I like the light weight and find the picture slightly darker and richer looking than the 3D3 - but that is just my personal preference!!
Generally, if you buy cheap, likelyhood is you will get cr*p! The customer care from TPS was excellent too, with a call to make sure I had ordered the correct ones for my telly - great!

Not to open a new thread, I am thinking to buy two pairs of glasses for my VT30. I have the ones that came with the TV but I feel the crosstalk is a bit too much for me. So I am between TY-EW3D3MU and 3D3. I am basically interested in glasses that

a) Give me less crosstalk than the ones that came with VT30
b) Are comfortable

I am not interested that much about the look, I won't go to a fashion show with them.

Last edited:
Received my 3D3 glasses from TPS yesterday and I have to say I'm impressed. Much more sturdy design when compared to the free glasses provided by Panasonic (my 5 year old sat on a pair of the Panasonic ones and cracked one of the lenses).

The 3D3 glasses have a good wrap around style so the block light coming in from the sides well thus avoiding flicker, they are large enough to fit over my regular glasses and Avatar looked excellent last night. Compared to the free glasses I felt the picture had more depth and colours were better.

I received a pair of 3D3 last week. Impressions:

-Less dark that Panasonic ones that came with my VT30. The image looks brighter and more close to what the actual colors are when you do not use the glasses.
-Better build quality. They look more solid.
-More 'close' on the sides to prevent light hitting your eyes and the lenses from the inside.
-Package has everything you need and a cleaning cloth (I was using the one I had for my normal sunglasses for the Panny ones).

So overall happy (and willing to get more). In terms of crosstalking and stuff, it gave me the impression that it was the same, maybe slightly better but I can't swear. I would like to see that on a calibrated VT30 since now I use the THX mode. Oh, the charging took longer than the Panny ones and I am not sure if the first charges take longer because the 3D3 came with fully uncharged battery.

Can't see any recent threads on this, so rather than make a new one just wondering, in terms of active glasses, are the 3D3 ones still considered the best? Have none popped up since that can rival it in terms of accurate colours, and closed off frames to prevent light from the sides seeping in, thus reducing flicker?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom