3D2 Wireless Controller for G Cube?

Paul Williams

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m finding the standard cables on the pads’ for my GC a bit short and although I’ve ordered an extension cable I think I’d like to try a wireless unit. The Wavebird looks nice, but its nearly 40% of the price of the console, a bit to much. Anyone know how this 3D2 unit performs?

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=75&products_id=4141&

At about £18 (inc. delivery) it seems like quite a good deal.

Paul

It doesn't look very comfortable. The D-pad looks awful, the analog stick looks very tacky, and the Z button curves inwards - that would be really awkward IMO. It also has 2 start buttons for some reason...

Stick with the wavebird, IMO. It's the most comfy, accurate control pad I've ever used, and the wireless technology is 100% accurate (impossible to fault it)

www.videogamesplus.ca have some good deals on atm including very cheap wavebirds for £16. Never used them myself but they are very highly recommended by a lot of users:thumbsup:

wow, great link there RL123, they even have Onimusha Tactics - GBA for a measly £8.17 :p :) :D :thumbsup: Now I'm happy!

Hi Tetlee,

There will be delivery on top of the £21.82 + import taxes & RM handling charge (if caught) so potentially about £36. Add that this is only a guide price as it is the exchange rate the card company uses, not 'the exchange rate' dependent. I've never achieved these guide prices.

RL123 - thanks, I'll look into that source.

Paul

One Wavebird and a copy of Onimusha Tactics ordered, total £29.97 :D Bargain of the century!
Thanks guys!

Well that caused a flurry of activity! No standard Wavebirds now on that site - just the slightly more exspensive platinum. So who put an order in besides Tetlee?

Dixons are selling the Wavebird for £9.97, but i think stock is low(i got the last one from my local store) The product number(if thats what they call it) is 711492 which if you tell this to the person in the store will be able to tell you if they have any in stock(i think)

The 3 Dixons store within easy travel distance to me have nothing for the GameCube now. Did notice that the under £17 Wavebirds are back on the www.videogamesplus.ca site. Just had an email to say mine has been shipped.

Paul

Paul,
So did you receive yours yet? I picked mine up from the post office today and was relieved to not get hit by any import duty/tax :) infact my items were even seperatly packaged which I was surprised to see considering the reasonable P&P costs. Well impressed with that company and will probably be using them again, hm...more wavebirds perhaps ;)

BTW, I checked all the Dixons stores in my area, none had any wavebirds in stock. Well, a couple of the stores said they did have them, but when I asked them to double check, they couldn't find 'em, staff spoted the bargains perhaps :devil:

Hi Tetlee,

Delivered today, marked as a gift, valued at $20cnd. Actually not found much besides the Wavebirds that I would consider an absolute bargain (for the GameCube) - I'll keep checking though.

Paul

I've only ever ordered from u.k. websites so i'm a little nervous ordering from this site. Any chance you guys can give me a little help on a couple of minor issues:lease:

On the Account Information screen, do I enter my house number in with my street name? Also would I enter West Midlands in the State/Province section?

Hope to order a Wavebird (or two), a Freeloader and Animal Crossing. All seem pretty reasonable non?

Hi Buck Swope,

Yes to all those questions. But remember the value on the site in £'s, is not what you will be charged, this is only a guide and I've always be given a slightly poorer rate by my card company. Play.com, I think will be a little cheaper for Freeloader. Currently Datel are shipping Version 1.06B of freeloader, but most sites (except Lik-Sang) are showing v1.06b, I'm told there is a difference! So you may wish to email and check the exact version you will be sent.

Paul

Originally posted by Buck Swope
I've only ever ordered from u.k. websites so i'm a little nervous ordering from this site. Any chance you guys can give me a little help on a couple of minor issues:lease:

On the Account Information screen, do I enter my house number in with my street name? Also would I enter West Midlands in the State/Province section?

Hope to order a Wavebird (or two), a Freeloader and Animal Crossing. All seem pretty reasonable non?

No problem Buck Swope, to be honest like youslef I always used to order from only UK sites (Play and cdwow usually are about the best anyway) but the prive of those wavebirds were enough to tempt me away ;) . First of all, I would really reccomend this site from my initial experience. As for the address, I just made sure I got my whole address in there, so I put my house number in the first box (street address), suburb I put my town, city I put my county, for state/province I put England. Funny enough I was just looking a the Freeloader myself, it's a good price for sure :thumbsup: . BTW if you have a GBA and like games like Final Fantasy Tactics then they have special offer on Ominusha Tactics there, it's approx £8.00 :D
Funny thing is goods arrived as quick as ordering from this country. My advise, go for it mate :smashin:

Buck Swope

Just be aware that the personal import allowance is only £18. My package was actually opened and re-sealed before delivered, but then again it just contained one small item, then again it did cost less than £18. I always factor in the additional cost that might be required, if ordering over this basic allowance level. Being marked as a 'gift' does I believe double this allowance.

Paul

Hi guys

Thanks for the advice, I feel a lot more secure about ordering now.

Paul you say that your wavebird was marked as a gift. Is there a way of specifying that it's a gift or was it the luck of the draw? How much could I potetialy end up paying (aprox) for say Animal Crossing (£18.39)?

I've just checked and Play.com are selling the Freeloader a little cheeper so check it out Tetlee. Goblindirect is the cheepest i've seen it though(under a fiver!), but there are some folks who say they've had problems with them.

Buck Swope

I expect they just mark them as a gift as a matter of course - this is the only thing I've ordered from them. Check-out the sticky link in the DVD Talk forum for info on C&E duties. This is however a complex area and different types of goods attract differing rates, so I don't really know. As a DVD it would be £18.39+P&P, +4% duty, +VAT, +£4 to the Post Office = £29ish. Don't know what others have found, with this supplier, as some companies seem to be aggressively targeted whilst other have no problem at all.

Paul

Originally posted by Tetlee
Paul,
So did you receive yours yet? I picked mine up from the post office today and was relieved to not get hit by any import duty/tax :) infact my items were even seperatly packaged which I was surprised to see considering the reasonable P&P costs. Well impressed with that company and will probably be using them again, hm...more wavebirds perhaps ;)

BTW, I checked all the Dixons stores in my area, none had any wavebirds in stock. Well, a couple of the stores said they did have them, but when I asked them to double check, they couldn't find 'em, staff spoted the bargains perhaps :devil:

Almost certainly thats what happened:devil:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom