3d

W

Wil

I have just ordered from Amazon a triple DVD set of 3D movies which use the LCD shuttered glasses system (included)

Will it work with my Barco 801 and Lido? The Lido is the bit that makes me wonder because the glasses work by making one eye look at one field and the other eye at the other field.

Does the Lido get rid of fields per se or does it just make them look better?

Which begs the question can it be turned off if it gets in the way?

If anyone knows, please tell. If nobody knows I'll let YOU lot know in due course. :)

I'd have thought that if you mess about with the original field structure ( the lido will do this) you will lose the 3d effect. You might be ok with a straight interlace video res feed ( composite or s-video) but it will be scanline city.

It really depends what triggers the glasses to show the left and right fields. but I would imagine it will be in the odd and even lines which the Lido will try to combine into one frame. I think you will have to go dirrect.

Will on the VSE 20 press the direct button and it will flash green. to show the line doubler has been by passed.

As Mr D says it will flicker some what.

Originally posted by Roland @ B4
I think you will have to go dirrect.

Will on the VSE 20 press the direct button and it will flash green. to show the line doubler has been by passed.

As Mr D says it will flicker some what.

Yes, that's what I'm expecting. I tried pressing direct but what I get is a trapezium shaped pic with red ghosting (ie not converged.) Before I really delight you and start tweaking it should I leave it be? If I change the settings when it is direct, will that foul up the lovely settings you did for anamorphic widescreen etc.? Just to be really awkward of course the DVDs will be Region 1 NTSC.

I don't mind scanline city because
a) if it works it will be in-yer-face-3D-scanline-city and
b) It'll still be better than LCD :devil:

I have had some experience with this 3D set. I tried it with my Seleco 400HT hooked up to an iscan Pro. When I watched any of the films in the Set with the iSCAN the picture was not in 3D and the image lost the plot. I tried using the up converter on the Seleco and it worked fine. I presume the problem was due to the 3/2 pull down on the iscan not been compatible. Only guessing!
Any way the set is brilliant and does give you the best 3D I've seen other than film sources. Better than the naf filter glasses.
Just remember to duck now and again.

popeye

Will this is that coppy a block thing.

I presume you have tried this with a pal disk and the same non alligned picture occurs.

three simple steps to get this.

1. find a source that is correctly aligned. Go to the serive menu in the Barco and find "copy a Block" press ONLY only once. highlighted on the screen is the good block your reference block the one we are going to take the setting from. Write down that block number. (it should say active block number = **)
Carfully exit out of the menu completely.

2. Switch to your non aligned input, in your case the dirrect feed. Again find the "copy a block menu" this time use the up and down arrows to find the block number from above and highlight it and press enter. I may ask if you are sure etc. confirm. the picture should snap into convergence but will propably be too big. Exit out of the menu before you make any other adjustments.

3. It is important that you make some sort of picture adjustment to save this file (Barco have no save button, it is automatic). Contrast or bightness up a notch will do the trick. Now you can get the size correct, because this is working at the very bottom of the frequency range you may have problems gettting it small enough. use the horizontal and vertical size. then a final wiz on the convergence should do it.

If you get stuck Wil give me a call I'll talk you through it.

Popeye
First time a cheap line doubler has done a better job ;)

Sounds like a fun boxset to have, tell me would the discs work on a Panasonic PT-AE100E? I might just order myself one!

Thanks to all who replied. (See? You get good after-sales with Roland!)

What I'll do is wait until it arrives and then I'll give a report to you guys. For example it comes with a power supply and it remains to be seen whether that will throw up problems. I have heard good and bad reports about the lcd shutter system so I am very intrigued to find out for myself.

For those who want to know, I have bought "The Ultimate 3-D Collection (Haunted Castle / Alien Adventure / Encounter in the Third Dimension) (IMAX) (Includes H3D Viewing System) " from Amazon.com for 90 dollars.

Watch this space. You may want one too... I will keep you posted.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom