Question 3d Videos images played from computer too far apart

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by 77ja78, Jun 16, 2015.

1. 77ja78

77ja78
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I recently purchased a 3d Acer H6510BD, it works amazingly with my 3d bluray player streaming from my HTPC and with my gaming PC with a beefy graphics card. Playing SBS MKV's or any other content works flawlessly. I'm primarily working with SBS MKV's though have tried some others as well.

However, when I connect up my HTPC which is an older computer with a Radeon HD 5450 graphics card or my new macair, when I run the exact same software to play the exact same video files with the same settings, it works, but really hurts my eyes as the images are too far apart. When I take the glasses off I can clearly see that with these two computers the overlay of the images is significantly further apart than with the blurray player or the gaming pc.

I've tested it with Kmplayer, a new version of cyberlink DVD, and VLC. All have the same results. I've only tested VLC on the mac, but same results.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong or offer any insight? Thanks.

2. lloydread

lloydread

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +252
    I've always thought this, I believe it's the difference from side by side (clips) and sequential (blu-ray).

I've never understood how Blu-ray has such a small gap but has such great effect... I assume this comes down to quality... It seems that SBS has to give a bigger gap to give the same effect. Unfortunately I can't give any more information than confirming what you see.

3. 77ja78

77ja78
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, yeah, but when I use my gaming PC, there gap is just fine. It is far more comfortable. I just want to use my HTPC rather than dragging my big desktop into the living room.