3D TV not 3D

apples33

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently purchased a Bush 32" 3D tv for the bedroom, I borrowed a friends Darren Brown DVD which is 3D and copied it over to my USB drive, but when I play it it isnt in 3D if I choose SBS I can only see one side and is blurred, all other settings make no difference, also tried a few sample vids that I got from youtube, but they are all the same.

Anyone know what the problem could be ?

Thanks

Pretty sure it's because you copied the file to usb. Try play it with legit 3d dvd player.

Thanks for the reply, I am going to try on a 3D blu ray player, but in my TV manual it says supported 3D from USB is 1920x1080, which I converted it to

I borrowed a friends Darren Brown DVD which is 3D....

Most 3D content on DVD is the old anaglyph technology , it would normally come with a pair of red and blue glasses or something similar , you do not need a 3D TV or a 3D player to see this type of content.
Terms like SBS and so on , are related to the new technology and do not apply to content on DVD.

The new 3D technology , that is the type that is now built into TV's an Blu ray players , is two separate video streams , one for each eye, and the glasses , which can be active or passive , guide the content to the correct eye.

If you want to see the 3D capabilities built into your TV , you need modern 3D content , not anaglyph content.

DVDs can only be in the old anaglyph technology and will display on any TV if you get the cardboard and coloured plastic glasses.
Your 3D TV needs proper 3D sources, such as 3D BRs, and there are plenty of items on the Internet including YouTube, so just be sure to get the right kind!

Last edited:
I bought some anaglyph glasses from ebay, hooked up my sons PS3 and tried batman arkham city and still i cant seem to see 3D, when I go into currys / pcworld I can see 3D on their TV's, might have to try and get a 3D blu ray to try in his ps3, seems no matter what I try on this TV I cant get 3D picture

apples33 said:
I bought some anaglyph glasses from ebay, hooked up my sons PS3 and tried batman arkham city and still i cant seem to see 3D, when I go into currys / pcworld I can see 3D on their TV's, might have to try and get a 3D blu ray to try in his ps3, seems no matter what I try on this TV I cant get 3D picture

You can't use anaglyph glasses for modern 3d content mate. You'll either need active or passive glasses depending on your tv set. Also, with games you need to make sure that you've enabled 3d in the games' video/picture settings

I bought the anaglyph glasses for some youtube vids I downloaded and put on my USB to try, I changed settings on the game, and tried all the 3D settings on my TV (sbs, frame, top / bottom)

apples33 said:
I bought the anaglyph glasses for some youtube vids I downloaded and put on my USB to try, I changed settings on the game, and tried all the 3D settings on my TV (sbs, frame, top / bottom)

Anaglyph glasses will only work on old 3D tech like green & red. You need to buy some active or passive glasses depending on what tv you have

The Tv came with glasses, I want to get this working so I can think about replacing my bravia downstairs for a 3D smart :D

apples33 said:
The Tv came with glasses, I want to get this working so I can think about replacing my bravia downstairs for a 3D smart :D

Then the glasses that came with your TV are the ones you should be using to watch 3D an play 3D games

I was using those glasses but still dont look 3D will have to play about with the game settings maybe try that

I was using those glasses but still dont look 3D will have to play about with the game settings maybe try that
Lets try and clarify this:

If you have an anaglyph (I think Darren Brown is) source then you MUST wear the anaglyph glasses which are often supplied with the DVD. If you've bought the glasses from say eBay then to add further confusion you have to make sure you've bought the correct pair as there are 3 different types. Anaglyph will work on any TV so you should NOT touch any 3D controls.

To use your 3D TV AND 3D glasses (I think yours are polarized) the way it was intended then you should acquire some SBS material. SBS material is recognisable because you see 2 images side by side when first played. This should then change to a single 3D image once you hit a few 3D buttons.

I tried watching the darren Brown with the anaglyph glasses but blurred more than 3D without touching any settings on TV, i'm still waiting to get the dvd and try thru a blu ray player, I will try some sbs material been searching for some but cant find any as of yet.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom