3D TV - Advice

essexboy

Standard Member
Hi All,

I am in the market for a 3D TV for my lounge.

The size I am looking at is either 46" or 55".

What are the best options to go for?

Thanks

Paul

Goooner

Distinguished Member
There's always something better "just around the corner" though, isn't there?

Don't forget the newer ones, whilst they may or may not improve on the ones out now, they may also have their own faults and niggles, not to mention undoubtedly more expensive.

Of you're sure you want one, first you need to decide whether to go active or passive and go from there.

I bought an active Panasonic plasma on February, couldn't be happier with it, don't use the 3D that much to be honest though :laugh:

Jason Shouler

Novice Member
There's always something better "just around the corner" though, isn't there?

Don't forget the newer ones, whilst they may or may not improve on the ones out now, they may also have their own faults and niggles, not to mention undoubtedly more expensive.

Of you're sure you want one, first you need to decide whether to go active or passive and go from there.

I bought an active Panasonic plasma on February, couldn't be happier with it, don't use the 3D that much to be honest though :laugh:
Top advice there :smashin:

I bought an LG passive way back in January and I'm very happy with it - and certainly have no regrets having bought it.

Only difference for me is I tend to watch little else but 3D :laugh:

mocca

Banned
Hi All,

I am in the market for a 3D TV for my lounge.

The size I am looking at is either 46" or 55".

What are the best options to go for?

Thanks

Paul

Any passive should suffice unless it's a no name brand of course.
Over all passive has the best experience at the moment and it gives the best crosstalk performance i've seen amongst any 3d set i've seen.

There will allways be something better around the corner, i've had 5 different 3dtv's in the last year, sometimes you'll never be happy but i can say that the passives have given me the most enjoyment by far!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom