3d troubles

reddvl311085

Standard Member
Reaction score
I havnt been posting here for a long time but always view the topics, I bought the Samsung ue40c7000 3d tv from john lewis in April and love the picture quality apart from the 3d side of things. I go to watch the monsters vs aliens 3d movie and when prompted to turn on the glasses they won't connect. I remove the glasses and place them infront of the builtin emmitter and then they connect. When I put the glasses on it works for about 3 seconds and then the 3d effect dissapears. I can get it to work all the time by tilting my head to the left and being level with he emmitter, the tv stand a few feet from the floor. I have heard that ir frequency can block the glasses working but what devices would block it I.e. Sky,router,tv stand or a digital clock?. This also happens with the playstation. I phoned john lewis and they are sending a new tv to me so I'm hoping it's a fault and not something in the room causing the problem. Sorry to go on but I can't find anyone with similar problems so can anyone I've me some advice as I'm not very good with latest technology. Thanks for your time

Good to hear you've taken the plunge with 3D matey. From what you've said it appears that you may have a faulty set; wait for the replacement to arrive and see if you have any problems with that. If you don't then cool, if you do then you may have to eliminate the items you mentioned that may be causing a problem one by one. TBH I don't think that any of those items you mentioned would cause the drop-out you are experiencing. Sounds more like the problems early adopters have when buying new tech.

Let us know how you get on!

Thank you for the reply.

Contacted John Lewis and was told to run some tests on the tv. Using a digital camera to check the emitter works, putting a towel over my sky box lol and to unplug certain pieces of equipment (router) to stop the interferences. Nothing changed so im sure now that the emitter in the tv is faulty.

After my conversation with John Lewis on Wednesday they told me that within 2 days i would recieve a new tv and that they would pick up the old one, great! i thought. However i sit here today and still no new tv.
Decided to ring them up in the last few minutes and spoke to a gentleman who told me that a pick up had never been arranged! I now have a new delivery date of Saturday, nearly another week away. Had to laugh though, he said that only after this is resolved i would recieve a "good will gesture" from them for the mishap.

Anyway just have to wait for Saturday and hope that i can enjoy the tv to its fullest.

Keep you posted

Thank you for the reply.

Contacted John Lewis and was told to run some tests on the tv. Using a digital camera to check the emitter works, putting a towel over my sky box lol and to unplug certain pieces of equipment (router) to stop the interferences. Nothing changed so im sure now that the emitter in the tv is faulty.

After my conversation with John Lewis on Wednesday they told me that within 2 days i would recieve a new tv and that they would pick up the old one, great! i thought. However i sit here today and still no new tv.
Decided to ring them up in the last few minutes and spoke to a gentleman who told me that a pick up had never been arranged! I now have a new delivery date of Saturday, nearly another week away. Had to laugh though, he said that only after this is resolved i would recieve a "good will gesture" from them for the mishap.

Anyway just have to wait for Saturday and hope that i can enjoy the tv to its fullest.

Keep you posted

Any updates? What was the goodwill gesture?? curious :)

I had a demo of a Samsung set in PC World which exhibited similar problems. Glasses would only work for a few seconds before cutting out. They seemed to think it was an issue with the glasses and were waiting for another pair from Samsung. Did the new TV do the trick for you?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom