• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3D - the Blu Ray Way

cbruiners

Standard Member
Hi All,

Though not stricly related to this forum, I couldn't find one that was.

I have Sky HD 3D and a seperate blu-ray player. I also have a web site I would like to add 3D too as a user flip option (it's a bit of a gimic, but a cool one).

I can do side by side (like Sky) or top and bottom 3D renders, but the affect I want to achieve is the same as I see when viewing Avatar or Cloudy with a chance of meatballs from my blu-ray player.

I had created a graphic, one for the left eye and then one for the right eye (offset by 10 pixels and set transparency to 40%), looks the same as when viewing 3D blu-ray content through my blu-ray player, but my Samsung TV only gives me an option of 2D->3D conversion, side by side and top and bottom.

Can anyone shed light on how to achieve the same affect as blu-ray 3D or how to force my TV to switch to the same mode as if viewing a 3D blu-ray.

Cheers

Carl

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom