3D Subtitles (Pana 42ET5)

alphason

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, We have a Panasonic TH-L42ET5T, (Thailand version but expect it to be similar enough to other countries versions.)

Can not get subtitles to work with 3D content, the text is unreadable as its not being handled correctly. If we switch the TV into 2D mode the subtitles appear correctly, imposed over the 2 side by side images.

We contacted Panasonic and they made some suggestions but it did not help...
"It seems there has been some success if the TV is put into side-by-side 3D manually without letting the TV auto detect. We would recommend using Google search to potentially overcome this as there are some third party 3D subtitler software packages available, however we can't take any responsibility if you chose install /use such software."

Have tried 3Dsubtitler (but this won't run on my xp pc, even the older versions?), also tried srt23Dass but gives the same results.

Any one found a way to overcome these problems :lease:
Thanks.

(PS we also have issues viewing Thai subtitles on 2D, but will worry about about that after the 3D English subs are working)

I assume you are watching movies files.
Subtitle support on a TV is very very limited if possible at all.
The easiest/best/simplest solution is to play the files with a media player. It is not expensive.
You will then edit the srt subtitle with 3Dsubtitler (easy and quick).
With newer medial player, you do not even have to edit srt subtile with 3D subtitler and it will display correctly on 3D or 2D.

I assume you are watching movies files.
Subtitle support on a TV is very very limited if possible at all.
The easiest/best/simplest solution is to play the files with a media player. It is not expensive.
You will then edit the srt subtitle with 3Dsubtitler (easy and quick).
With newer medial player, you do not even have to edit srt subtile with 3D subtitler and it will display correctly on 3D or 2D.

Thanks celsius,

Yes movie files .mkv, mostly (actually the only way I can get any subtitles to work is if I embed them into a single .mkv file, attached .srt etc don't seem to work).

I can't get 3Dsubtitler to run on my pc, not sure the problem "3DSubtitler has encountered a problem and needs to close" tried a reinstall and even older versions from different sources all with the same outcome.

I've been considering an android based media player, do you know of a media player for android that supports 3D subtitles, like GOM player does for windows? There are other advantages for me also in using an android player.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom