3d sony ex723

alders

Standard Member
Hi, Im new to the forums as you can tell, ive had a look for what im about to post, but reading what other people have put its abit hard to know if their talking about the same thing..

basically i bought a sony 40" ex723 as was ex display from my store... just got home with some 3d glasses, bought thor on dvd as this was the only half decent 3d film in my shop,, was excepting great things and i have been sooo dissapointed, wanted to know if there is anything i can do.

the best way to describe it, as i think it might be cross talk (if it is, theres looooads of it) when in 3d some of the picture is 3d and some isnt and it looks blurry, i can change this by changing the depth of 3d then the background image looks good, however then whatever is close then goes blurry,

ive tried side by side and upp-down, it isnt on simulated 3d either, my glasses are the official sony glasses, firmware updated..

in my store we have also the passive 3d, and LG one for example was excellent i mean really good 3d, jumps out at you and everything, i was excepting this to be better considering their active glasses.. but was sadly disappointed..

any insight would be appreciated,

p.s the tv in bluray is fantastic in 2d, great picture, but 3d is horrible :L

Last edited:

Jason Shouler

Novice Member
...in my store we have also the passive 3d, and LG one for example was excellent i mean really good 3d, jumps out at you and everything, i was excepting this to be better considering their active glasses.. but was sadly disappointed..
Why would you expect that :confused:

Have you never investigated the major differences in the two technologies ?

Nor sure if Limey bought exactly the same set but this quote might provide an insight:
3D is great imo. Last year, I was devastated after seeing how awful the 3D was on my sony active 3D bravia. Especially after seeing how good the passive LGs were in the shop when I went back to complain about my sony.

In the end, I got a full refund and now have one of those super perfoming passive LGs in my living room. 3D is well worth it. Even my gf who hated the sony loves watching 3D now. Ofcourse some films are better than others. Avatar, despicable me, happy feet 2 (which was unwatchable on my sony.. the film is ok at best also) etc are mind blowing in 3D.

People say that passive is not full HD, and I dont have trained eyes, but my tv looks far better than SD when watching 3D blu rays. The 2012 LGs are displaying some fine 3D, and I am sure that i would be difficult to have better 3D in your house for the same cash.

flippence

Without getting into the 3D active V passive debate.
If you want to watch 3D on a lower budget then your choice is passive or Plasma Active.
In 2D the Sony knocks spots off any of the LG Passive displays. Unfortunately their implementation of 3D and the way active works was flawed and you cannot improve what is not there.

alders

Standard Member
Thanks for your reply..

I suspected as much with the 3d, looks like I'll be returning the glasses then, and yeah your right 2d is terrific,

Thanks again

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom