3D slightly fuzzy but fine with one eye closed?

rick19011

Banned
Hey I have the toshiba tl963b active 3D and a pair of the latest toshiba 3d glasses, 3d always looks a little fuzzy but the strange thing is when I close one of my eyes, the picture sharpens and it looks perfect, why is this? :/

Papcx

rick19011 said:
Hey I have the toshiba tl963b active 3D and a pair of the latest toshiba 3d glasses, 3d always looks a little fuzzy but the strange thing is when I close one of my eyes, the picture sharpens and it looks perfect, why is this? :/

Seems a little obvious, but have you turned the glasses on?

lbear

The most likely reason is because your eyes are not the only organs involved in vision. A lot of processing is done in your brain which changes what you perceive.

Without the signal input (for want of a better term) from the other eye, the brain assumes what it should be seeing and this can increase the perceived sharpness. It's also why you can be tricked into perceiving a 3D picture from a 2D image being panned round when you half close or wear a darkened lens over one eye.

olson

Standard Member
How could you watch 3D with one eye? Normally, the active shutter glasses work with two eyes switching quickly one by one. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom