• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3d settings on ps3

dazza3

Established Member
Hi, dlp glasses finally arriving tomorrow so will be all set

My question...setting up 3d on ps3 it asks for screen size. Has anyone played with different settings to get best results or is it as obvious as putting in true screen size

Thanks!

chic

Distinguished Member

My question...setting up 3d on ps3 it asks for screen size. Has anyone played with different settings to get best results or is it as obvious as putting in true screen size

Thanks!

I just put in the true screen size

digitalanalogue

Established Member
As far as I know this screen size setting is only for games, and can affect the divergence of the image, games are typically designed for TV's so when scaled up to projector screen sizes you could potentially have so much divergence that your eyes are straining to diverge, think the opposite of going cross eyed. Movie's are pre-baked and can't be changed on the ps3, but also are generally designed for the big screen anyway.

atee12

Standard Member

Thanks!

Check the resolution supported by your TV.

Resolution (video mode) varies depending on the TV type. For details, refer to the instructions supplied with the TV.

Resolution (video mode) varies depending on the type of connector used.

Good luck

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom