• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3d question for a 3d newbie

kevmiller

Established Member
Ok guys, probably I really stupid question but ii am getting my new Panasonic 3d tv today. And I have a Samsung HT-C5500 Blu-Ray 5.1 ch Home Cinema System. To get 3d I can just carry on running my sky via the Samsung to get the 3d can't I? Or does the sky have to connect directly to the tv? Stupid question i know.

The Eggman72

Established Member
If the Sammy has the facility to pass through the 3D signal yes....

kevmiller

Established Member
How will I know if it does?

mocca

Banned
Ok guys, probably I really stupid question but ii am getting my new Panasonic 3d tv today. And I have a Samsung HT-C5500 Blu-Ray 5.1 ch Home Cinema System. To get 3d I can just carry on running my sky via the Samsung to get the 3d can't I? Or does the sky have to connect directly to the tv? Stupid question i know.

As your not passing frame packing through the reciever you'll be ok, some will accept frame packing and some won't but your passing through a sky 3d signal wich is just the same as any other type of channels signal, you'll be ok ;)
If it passes bbc1 through then it will pass sky's 3d .

logiciel

How will I know if it does?
By trying it.:laugh:
As mocca says though, it will - the 3D channel is just a channel like any other.
If you were using a separate 3D BR player that probably would have to go direct to the TV.
HTH - Logi

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom