• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3D projector problem! Fine straight from HTPC but not thru AV amp ???????

pJayflynn

Banned
I trying to set up my living room with the following.

Panasonic TH-50PZ80 B
Acer 5360 PJ
Sony STR-DH810 AV Reciever
PC

I have laid everything out to check ive got everything working before I cable them all up and Im having a problem when trying to use the PJ with my HTPC to watch 3d blurays

Works fine if Im direct from PC to PJ. Been using it like that for a few weeks while I'd got everything ready...but.............

....if I put my PC through my reciever (Sony STRDH810), I cant play 3d blu rays using powerdvd 10 in 3D. Nvidia control panel is showing steroscopic is enabled, but Power dvd isnt giving me any options to use my DLP link glasses. I also believe the amp is upscaling the image and possible reducing the refresh rate..?

Ive also noticed that the PC is detecting the "SONYAVAMP" instead of "H5360" when connext thru the reciever.

Can anyone give me some pointers, or some suggestions to maybe get the DLP link working tru the amp.

Thanks in advance...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
Does your amp have HDMI 1.4 with 3D compatibility? If it doesn't then thats why. If it does, then sorry, I don't know enough about 3D stuff yet to help, sorry :(

Solidstate

Unfortunately i think you'll have to route around the amp- this is what im doing with my HDMI switch box and my HD67N. My 4x2 matrix switchbox doesn't like the 120hz mode and puts green speckles all over the screen- it works fine if routed direct.
When I have the money I'll upgrade my switchbox to a newer 3D compatible model from HD Cables.

pJayflynn

Banned
Unfortunately i think you'll have to route around the amp- this is what im doing with my HDMI switch box and my HD67N. My 4x2 matrix switchbox doesn't like the 120hz mode and puts green speckles all over the screen- it works fine if routed direct.
When I have the money I'll upgrade my switchbox to a newer 3D compatible model from HD Cables.

Oooh. Doyou have a link for the compatible switch box?

pJayflynn

Banned

Ive had it running from my PC, thru the HDMI 1x4 splitter, to the PJ and it works fine. Must mean my splitter is compatible??? :confused:

A

actionorton

I think i had a similar problem and where my amp was showing up as my dispaly device.
For the life of me i could not get the H5360 to show up on the dispaly tab when going through my AMP.

I found a forum that explained how to trick you PC by using an inf file that you would use to overwrite your standard display device.

Once i used this i swa my Acer H5360 in the diplay instead of my Onkyo amp.

Try searching for Acer_h5360.inf and see what that brings up, if you are still struggling let me know and i will see if i can upload the file and give a brief tutorial.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom