3D Projector price drops

elliothand

Hi All,

I'm planning on getting the HD33 (with dual hdmi out av amp, motorised screen and 3d glasses) after Christmas, do you think they are likely to be reduced in the Jan sales or am I better off waiting for another time of the year such as after CES etc?

Guess I'm asking when are new models released and when am I likely to see the biggest price drop in last season's kit?

Thanks,
Elliot

witchdrash

Maybe, but probably not, the HD33 is selling well at the moment and is brand new kit, next years stuff is 9/10 months away.

Best time to buy an HD33 will be December 2012, when retailers are clearing last year's stock and the HD33's successor is on the market.

elliothand

What about for the screens / AV kit like Amp etc?

I'd have to get the screen and projector together but could hold off on the AV Amp / new speakers until when I'm likely to see the biggest price drops.

toddy28

Maybe, but probably not, the HD33 is selling well at the moment and is brand new kit, next years stuff is 9/10 months away.

Best time to buy an HD33 will be December 2012, when retailers are clearing last year's stock and the HD33's successor is on the market.

More like 2013 as most projector models have a shelf life of 2 / 3 years
They will come down in price but not a huge amount

Tight Git

Distinguished Member
As you've realised, last year's models (of just about anything) tend to be cheaper and 2 year old models cheaper still. :smashin:

But with 3D, there's the added complication of whether the system will have faded away in a couple of years.

Your guess is as good as mine! :D

(Please don't start up the 3D debate again, I'm just stating the fact!)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom