3D Problem on Samsung TV

luisortega

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have a Samsung 60ES8000 that's about 3 weeks old now. The 2D picture is fantastic but we were trying to watch a 3D show tonight and noticed a problem. In some scenes the edges of the screen distort and the picture "shrinks." The full size, full screen picture becomes smaller and leaves black bars down the sides and then returns to normal. The OSD also distorts when it does this. I've spent quite a bit of time looking for others with this problem but haven't come across anything. I've also tried several 3D shows I've recorded through Directv and a 3D Blu-ray, all exhibit the same symptoms.

I have a Samsung 60ES8000 that's about 3 weeks old now. The 2D picture is fantastic but we were trying to watch a 3D show tonight and noticed a problem. In some scenes the edges of the screen distort and the picture "shrinks." The full size, full screen picture becomes smaller and leaves black bars down the sides and then returns to normal. The OSD also distorts when it does this. I've spent quite a bit of time looking for others with this problem but haven't come across anything. I've also tried several 3D shows I've recorded through Directv and a 3D Blu-ray, all exhibit the same symptoms.

Hi,
I'm pretty sure if you goto the 3d settings in the menue theres a setting for " auto3d " or something, you'll know when you have the right setting as as you highlight options a redme allso appears saying what the option does, it needs tobe set as manual i know that, something like ????? i dno as i cant remember the name of the setting.
I had this setting on and had to set it to manual as the tv was auto adjustising 3d depth ect on the fly in real time, i thought the tv was having a moment but it was just a setting.
I dont have the sammy now so cant tell you the exact setting, but it is a option in the 3d settings to turn your issue off.

EDIT
I dl the manual and its one of the settings in red ;), check the picture

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom