3D player recommendations please.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by daveb975, Jan 9, 2012.

1. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +377
    I have recently upgraded to a 55" 3D TV, so would now like a Blu Ray player to go with it.

I used to have a Denon 2200, but found it too slow to use all the time. I replaced it with a cheap Sony S370, and have found the picture and sound to be the equal of the Denon.

My only problem with the Sony is that it has a very slight whine to it which can be annoying in quiet scenes.

Is it worth spending £250 on a Denon 1611 or equivalent, or would a I get very similar performance from a £100 Sony S480?

I am using my PS3 slim for 3D movies at the moment. The picture is great but the fans are too loud!

2. mentm

mentm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +466
    as you find the sony's whine annoying I would suggeest the panasonic dmp bt110 which is reported to be quieter. IMHO you will get similar performance from a denon or any other player costing £250.

3. Ian Dudley

Ian Dudley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I've just got a BDT110, upgrading from an older Sony S550, and I've been impressed with how fast it loads and it's certainly been quiet enough for me not to notice it when playing a disc. Only downside I've noticed is that the remote doesn't illuminate or have glow in the dark buttons. Might seem a trivial thing, but if you're wearing active shutter 3D glasses it's really hard to see the controls! :)

I would also avoid all current generation (Sx80) Sony players as they have an unfixable fault with their video output which AVF note in their review of the 480.

Sony BDP-S480 3D Blu-ray Player Review | AVForums.com - UK Online

I also discussed it in this thread which links to some other sources on the problem.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/blu-ray-dvd-players/1569893-sony-s480-picture-quality.html