3D photography

RobertP

Standard Member
Reaction score
also known as 'cross your eyes and get a headache' :rotfl:

I've been following a thread on POTN about 3 dimensional photography - or stereo photography if you prefer. A week ago I spent an hour staring at the images posted and finally managed to get one to appear 3 dimensional ! By then I had such a headache I gave up and went to bed :rolleyes:

Since then it's been getting easier to see the 3D image. Recently someone posted a link to site with some nudity in the 3D images <- thats a warning which are not only fairly easy to get into 3D they are also worth looking at :D

Anyway the way to do it is take a picture (on full manual so nothing will vary) with the camera on a tripod.... move the camera 4" sideways and take another of the same scene. Arrange the images right and you can 'see' a 3D version. I have tried with a pictures of a couple of pens on the desk - and it worked. I'm not posting them though as I can only just see 3D after a lot of practice.

All new to me. Not quite the same as the magic eye pictures.

Quiet round here isn't it :)

Wow, took me about 90 secs first time. I can now just sort of move my left eye down towards my nose and the 3d locks in.

Really cool if you see it but must be murder trying to show to someone who just can't see it.

Shh you'll wake the others.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom