3d Over RCA w/ Optoma 3d XL

RoxaMan300

Novice Member
Hi all,
I've been experimenting with all sorts of different things to try and get 3d working on my Casio St-155 and today is the closest I've gotten to success.

I bought an Optoma 3d Xl earlier this year, but the issue was that, although my projector has a hdmi port, it can't accept the 120hz 3d signals, only the VGA, RCA and S-Video ports can accept those.

I tried all sorts of hdmi to vga adapters to try and find the elusive ones that can accept a higher frame rate than advertised but I had no luck.

I decided recently to try out a hdmi to RCA adapter and see if that would work. I got everything connected and the Dlp glasses managed to connect, and once the menu popped up, the screen started flickering - I got a couple of frames of 3d video, then the coloured bars and it consistently does this rather than it being a one off. Here's a video of it...

I was wondering if anyone with more knowledge of the subject than me would be able to help/advise if it's a route worth pursuing? Any help is massively appreciated as I don't know an awful lot about how it all works!

Thanks a lot,
Adam

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
I think you are onto a loser with this one. Your projector doesn't support a high enough frame rate, so as soon as the video starts the projector cuts out.

Not sure there's actually a solution other than buying a 3d capable projector.

RoxaMan300

Novice Member
The projector manual
I think you are onto a loser with this one. Your projector doesn't support a high enough frame rate, so as soon as the video starts the projector cuts out.

Not sure there's actually a solution other than buying a 3d capable projector.
Hi, thanks for your reply! According to the settings the projector is 3d capable when using VGA, RCA or S-Video. Do you think the 3d over RCA could potentially work? 😀

Thanks,
Adam

cyberheater

You’d be better off buying a cheap second hand 3D Ready projector that can take 120hz over hdmi.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom