Question 3D options

dinoprada2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I way up my options to either go bigger FALD 75”+ or smaller 65” but probably better for my situation i.e OLED (I watch in a bat cave )

I was wondering what 0LEDs if any have 3D support?

I saw the old 2016 l&G x6 range does but they are out of stock now .

Looks like I can get a refurb 65” b6 from eBay for around £1800

Or I could get a new 65”
LG C7 for around £2500

Apart from lack of 3D is there much difference between the models for PQ?

Last edited:
I think Panasonic are the only brand still supporting 3D - Their 750 model range supports it, I believe: at least the ex (2017) range does.

I think Panasonic are the only brand still supporting 3D - Their 750 model range supports it, I believe: at least the ex (2017) range does.

Thanks !

I have the 902b FALD but the 3D is mehh

Seems like I would have to find an old l&G X6
panel if I wanted Brilliant 3D

You will indeed need to find a LG OLED or LCD to beat that from 2016.

LG C6, E6 and G6 OLEDs.
LG UH850v/UH950v LCDs. - but these quite a step down in quality from the current TV you own in other areas.

I also own the 902B and indeed 3D is poor, its no better really on any of the other active 3D tv's currently available including the Sony 75XE9405, Sony ZD9 and the Panasonic EX750.

You may also consider a projector setup as they can have decent 3D on even less expensive models.

You will indeed need to find a LG OLED or LCD to beat that from 2016.

LG C6, E6 and G6 OLEDs.
LG UH850v/UH950v LCDs. - but these quite a step down in quality from the current TV you own in other areas.

I also own the 902B and indeed 3D is poor, its no better really on any of the other active 3D tv's currently available including the Sony 75XE9405, Sony ZD9 and the Panasonic EX750.

You may also consider a projector setup as they can have decent 3D on even less expensive models.

Cheers again Dodge [emoji106]

Yah I’m thinking of going the PJ route so I can get a bigger screen for less but I know it will be a drop in quality on the 902b at my price point .

3k ish would be my max for a PJ / screen and mount and I know even the brill JVCs aren’t as good for PQ as an OLED or FALD

I’d need something short throw not bothered about 4k or HDR as long as it made my
Normal 1080p blu rays look great and I got good 3D I could install it behind the TV or from the ceiling so it dropped down.

BenQ W1050 1080P DLP Projector Review

Very good 3D at a decent price. I would prefer that personally to one of the LG LCDs. Obviously one of the players with 3D would be better but it may be your best bet.

Then of course there's this too recently reviewed: Royole Moon AV Headset Review

Thanks Dodge !

Those glasses look fun [emoji3]

I’m more convinced of going the PJ route for that “big screen experience” and keeping the 902b for my HDR content .

The Epsom 9300 looks attractive, though it’s “budget” little brother was not highly regarded for 3D . I can’t seem to find a review of the 9300 for its 3D but I assume it’s the same as the 7300.

Thanks Dodge !

Those glasses look fun [emoji3]

I’m more convinced of going the PJ route for that “big screen experience” and keeping the 902b for my HDR content .

The Epsom 9300 looks attractive, though it’s “budget” little brother was not highly regarded for 3D . I can’t seem to find a review of the 9300 for its 3D but I assume it’s the same as the 7300.
I really don't know much about them but I would imagine it's the same.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom