1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D Movies on Projector ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Fjorko, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Fjorko

Fjorko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi Guys !

Well, Christmas came and went, and someone bought me the HAUNTED CASTLE DVD which has the 2D and 3D version of it on the disk.

It came with no 3d Glasses and it looks like i will need this , but if you look at the requirements, it seems like it will not work on either PLASMAS or Projectors ( AND i HAVE BOTH ! :( )

So what to do now ? I don't want this person to feel bad about getting this present for me, because she is not at all technical and probably didn't research her present before she bought it, but i'm sure once it works it would be great, especially on a projector. I really do appreciate the trouble she went through to get it for me from CANADA. She even got the bloke at the IMAX theatre in Bristol to give her 4 pairs of 3D glasses ( plain ones) - but i don't think they will work - i tried them already !

Do you guys know of any solution that will properly display 3d Movies via a projector or plasma ? Or will it just not work - period ?

You can see my setup in my signature if you want to know what i have in order for it to work.

Many Thanks :smashin:

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Fjorko,

If what you need are the glasses with one red and one blue lens, then it'll work just fine on a projector - I got Spy Kids 3D, Shrek 3D and a Santa 3D movie for my daughter. If it needs something else, I can't help - those are the only 3D movies I've tried out.

S.

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    BTW, the specs of that dvd are on the imago site you linked to - it says that the glasses (blue/amber) should be included, and that it will work on a tv or projector. It's for "sequential view" (when the right and left lens are blanked out sequentially so that you get a stereoscopic image) that you need additional equipment.

you should be able to get the blue/amber glasses from that site....

S.