3D movie in 2D on windows 10 pc & optoma projector!!

garyc

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I don't seem to be able to get my windows 10 pc to output a 3D disc in 3D it seems to keep playing it in 2D, I have tried a number of players ie powerdvd, videosolo etc but no luck the projector is in 3D mode (auto). nvidia gfx hdmi to optoma HD27e

Please any help very much appreciated, I even hooked up my PS3 to test and all plays fine in 3D.

I'm sure its something simply but just want seem to find

thx Gary

I think people may need to know these bits before they can offer you some assistance :)

Model number?
PowerDVD version?

One thing to do is check your software is all up to date and any patches are also included

NVidia Driver site
PowerDVD Patch Update Site

I've not come across VideoSolo, So I'm not sure where the updates are located on the page

I've rolled back to 17 from 18 as seems very buggy at the moment even with the third patch update. I found it to be terrible with my PC.

Have you tried other 3D disc's. For some reason, 18 just doesn't like certain discs which was the reason why I rolled back.

What the Graphics Card?

Nvidia 3D vision I had seen it but thought maybe wrongly it was a pc specific system for 3D when not using the projector to sync the 3D

Hi,

Just read that power DVD trial has the 3D function turned off so that could be the case all all the trial players I have been trying!!

Q1. Is there any free players that allow 3D disc playback?

Q2. What player is everyone using? Power DVD or windvd

Thx gary

Have you tried the Kodi MVC build that is free and allows 3D playback, it is mainly for Intel gfx but there is Nvidia patch

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom