3d monoply unwanted packages

stevenco7

Standard Member
OK i bought my 3d tv now i want to watch 3d tv , but to do this I must be a sky customer .............which i am .....now the annoying part
I have to subscibe to a package I will never use namely that I HAVE to buy sports 1 and sport2 at an extra cost of £16 per month
I do not like sport ..........I do not want to watch sport .............and I dont want to have to pay for sport to watch a 3d channel is this legal.
I already have the movie package and Hd service now I would like to watch 3d tv without paying for something I will never ever watch
Is there an alternative??

archie2000

You could watch the BBC HD channel tomorrow night, Strictly Come Dancing is on in 3D. Other than that, buy a Blu-ray 3D player and watch 3D films.

Not until they offer separate 3D channels for Movies and Sports. It is at the moment a bonus channel supplied without extra cost to subscribers of Sky World HD and its content includes Sport and Movies hence requiring a subscription to both.

logiciel

I do not like sport ..........I do not want to watch sport
Welcome to AVF - and a big personal welcome to someone who's brave enough to say that. :clap:
I'm in exactly the same position and simply have to put with it if I want broadcast 3D TV other than the small amount that the BBC provides.
Grown men playing ball take up more time than all the other programming, so it's reasonable to have to take the Sports Pack.
Films take up the second largest proportion, though they're repeated many times, but the equivalent applies.
Whether the documentaries and other items that make up the rest are worth paying the full SkyWorld for is up to each individual.
There's certainly no question or illegality in all this - it's what Sky choose to offer, a matter of take it or leave it.
When I can get reduced subscriptions I take it, when I can't I leave it. :)
Fortunately 3D BRs are rapidly becoming more numerous and less expensive, and as they're better anyway, they're a good way of using your 3D TV.
Samsung's 3D Application has a lot of free content and I assume that other makes have much the same thing.

Thanks for the reminder Archie2000 - I might have missed that! Pity it's not the old real dancing competition though.

Last edited:

logiciel

Absolutely right, on all counts. :smashin:
Real dancing, real competition, even real people with or without real tans.:laugh:

derek500

OK i bought my 3d tv now i want to watch 3d tv , but to do this I must be a sky customer .............which i am .....now the annoying part
I have to subscibe to a package I will never use namely that I HAVE to buy sports 1 and sport2 at an extra cost of £16 per month

If you take Sky Sports, Sky Movies is only £8 per month extra, not £16.

If you take movies (no doubt your reason for wanting Sky 3D) Sky Sports is only £12 per month extra not £16 (It's £20 if you don't take movies).

If you don't want 3d movies or sports, then Sky 3d is quite expensive.

logiciel

The 3D channel requires Sky World which is currently £63.25 a month.
OP has the film pack so your guess that he wants the 3D channel for films may be correct, but for anyone, like me, who doesn't want it for either them or sports you're definitely right in saying that it's expensive!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom