1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3D Imax and my left eye blind friend

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by neilgoding, Jul 11, 2005.

1. neilgoding

neilgoding

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I was going to see a 3D Imax show with a few of my friends buy one of them is blind in the right or left eye I cant remember. Since they dont use the red, cyan glasses any more and now use the sun glass type will he be able to see the full 3d effect or will it still look as bad as the old glasses.

Thank you,

Neil

2. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Imax uses polarised lenses (IIRC) so it's not red/green that's the issue. Although your friend will be able to watch (and should enjoy) the movie, the 3D effect would be null and void as you need both eyes to work the different lenses to get the feeling of depth.

3. neilgoding

neilgoding

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot for your reply. I can remember shutting one eye and still seeing a slight effect but not as good as using both. this proves my point. thank you

4. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +852
    i'm in the same boat as your friend (though in my case its a 'lazy' eye), so that info is useful - i did wonder about it myself.

5. NicolasB

NicolasB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +660
    All 3D viewing systems ultimately come down to being able to see two different pictures, one with each eye. If you can't do that, then it won't be 3D. There are a number of different ways of actually getting two different pictures to the two eyes, but ultimately any stereoscopic system has to achieve that.