3D HDMI Cable

stevec46

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
So, I hTave just bought a Panasonic DMP-BD110 Blu Ray 3D Player, going through the instructions, it tells me that I should buy a High Speed Panasonic RP-CDHS15 (1.5m),RP-CDHS30 (3.0m),RP-CDHS50 (5m), I have also got a new Panasonic TX-P42ST30B 42" Plasma TV.
I had bought a cable from Amazon

Wired--up v1.3A HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Wired--up v1.3A HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable for HD TV's/ Xbox 360/ PS3

£1.36

Amazon do sell the RP-CDHS15 (long enough for me)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-1...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1324063044&sr=1-1

£13.21

and then of course there is the range from Cables UK

1.5m HDMI Cable - 70% OFF and FREE DELIVERY

Starting at 4.99

I only have the one cable at the moment, I will need 1 for my hd Sky Box and one more for my 3D Blue ray player.

What one should I get, or do I get 2 and don't use the cheap one from Amazon?

Thanks in Advance..

Steve

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
3D Doesn’t require a ‘special’ HDMI cable.

HDMI.org advise that a High Speed HDMI cable is preferable over a Standard HDMI cable – though on short cable runs you would be hard pushed to find a Standard cable that doesn’t manage to transmit a 3D signal.

HDMI :: Manufacturer :: HDMI 1.4 :: 3D

Joe

PS SKY supply a perfectly adequate cable with every SKY+ HD box!

Thanks for that :smashin:

Reading through it, it does say

HDMI 1.4 specification

The 'Cheap one from Amazon is 1.3, so I can use that on the Sky HD Box (I don't think we got a cable with ours).

Even at cablesuk, the 'cheap \ Basic one isn't 1.4, you have to go for something like:-

1.5M HDMI Cable - SUPER SPEED S1.

£6.99 not bad

So I think I will go for that..

Thanks again

Steve

Read the link - ignore any mention of HDMI Version Numbers on cables it means 'he haw'!

Cables are either Standard or High Speed and at short lengths pretty much any cable will cater for 3D.

Joe

The bandwidth of cables made when HDMI 1.3 was the current specification depends on the cable category. The cables marked as cable "category 2" have the same minimal bandwidth as HIGH SPEED HDMI cables. The "category 1" HDMI 1.3 cable means the same as STANDARD HDMI cable.

For sending 3D Full HD signal you need HIGH SPEED (category 2) HDMI cables.

Being Cat1, 'Standard Speed' doesn't mean a cable won't carry 3D - there are millions of CAT1, Standard Speed cables carrying 3D now.

If you are buying New there is an argument that says it's better to go with a High Speed cable - though it's not mandatory if you planning to carry 3D.

Joe

Being Cat1, 'Standard Speed' doesn't mean a cable won't carry 3D
It is only means that there is no warranty that Full HD 3D will work with this cable.

3D side-by-side 1080i/50 (or 1080p/25) from the satellite decoder, or 3D SBS (or TaB) 1080p/24 from Blu-Ray will surely work. As the bandwidth of STANDARD HDMI cable is enough for these formats.

Last edited:
The page you link to shows the official High Speed with Ethernet logo!!!

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom