• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3d glasses

dom1234567

Standard Member
Hi
I am considering getting the Optoma HD67 (not the Acer H5360 because of the new Optoma 3D-XL converter box not guaranteed to be compatible). Thing is i dont know where to get the active shutter glasses from. I am going to get the 3D-XL when its released but i am having problems with where i am going to get the glasses, i came across the ZD101 3d glasses from Optoma, but i am not dead sure it will work with the HD67, could someone please clear this up. Also what is the difference between the HD66, HD67 and the HD67N?
Thanks

cardiphonia

Hi there. The hd67n is the latest version of the hd67. The hd66 is either an older model or an american name for the same projector, i'm not sure which. From what i've seen the hd67s are the same projector but the n version is nvidia certified which means you can use it with the nvidia vision glasses without the need to hack drivers. Support would be provided through nvidia with their system. From the spec, the projector is still also compatible with dlp link glasses, like the zd101. The difference is that nvidia vision and similar glasses use an infra red emitter to sync with the video stream to create the 3d effect. Dlp link glasses add a particular white frame in the video itself which the glasses sync to.
from reviews i've read, there are advantages to each type of active shutter systems (dlp link or ir emittor) but the nvision seem to be prefered. Which is best for you will depend on the intended use. If you are getting 3d through the pc, vision may be best. If through the ps3 and sky, dlp link may be best.
The 3d-xl will come with a pair of glasses, no doubt they will be optomas own, the zd101's. As to where to buy more, I wouldn't mind some advice... alternative makes and where to buy?
I have seen a review which suggests the 3d-xl will be compatible with acer and benq models. I wouldn't expect it to work though untill its tested.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom