Question 3D glasses recommendation for SONY VPL-VW760ES

vonkobalus

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have SONY VPL-VW760ES, very satisfied with it, and would like to watch some 3D movies from time to time (I'm not a big fan of 3D, but anyway).

Can somebody recommend me which active 3D glasses should I go for? If I understand correctly, the projector is using "RF active shutter technology", therefore I would have to choose from this kind of 3D glasses.

One option is the original SONY 3D glasses TDG-BT500A. Then there are glasses from 3D3, the A1112 - Classic. And then there are also glasses from XPAND (trusted company), the X105-RF-X1.

Anyone has some real experiences with some of these? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

Have 4 sets of Xpand I think, will check model no and update. Using with vw760.

3 sets work fine got problem with 1 which has dodgy on/off button.

Quality seem fine in terms of use. No cross talk etc as far as I can see.

Kevin

Hi,

I have SONY VPL-VW760ES, very satisfied with it, and would like to watch some 3D movies from time to time (I'm not a big fan of 3D, but anyway).

Can somebody recommend me which active 3D glasses should I go for? If I understand correctly, the projector is using "RF active shutter technology", therefore I would have to choose from this kind of 3D glasses.

One option is the original SONY 3D glasses TDG-BT500A. Then there are glasses from 3D3, the A1112 - Classic. And then there are also glasses from XPAND (trusted company), the X105-RF-X1.

Anyone has some real experiences with some of these? Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

The Xpand 105 lite RF are my favourite glasses.

I decided to buy the "Hi-Shock RF Pro Deep Heaven" glasses based on some recommendation and because the 4-pack set was a good deal I can cover whole family.

And I'm disappointed.

Glasses work, that is, 3D is shown properly, depth OK. However the glasses are switching on/off the 3D mode ... not sure how to properly say this. For example I start watching a movie, and all 4 glasses works normally (3D depth ok, all fine), then some glasses simply seems to "switch of 3D", and switch it on again like after a few moments or even after a few minutes. The issues are sporadic and not all glasses are "loosing 3D" at the same time. One pair of glasses is actually useless, it usually never gets back to 3D unless I power them off/on again (btw: I did a full 10 hours charging cycle before first use). Am I doing something wrong or are this glasses junk?

Like I said I have Sony VPL-VW760, mounted on the ceiling (over the head and a bit behind the viewing position, that would be 1.5-3 meters from each viewer). Any advises on these issues?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom