• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question 3D glasses buying advice

Geordie2004

Established Member
Hey, my girlfriend has recently picked up a 3D TV second-hand, and we're looking to test out it's 3D capabilities at some point. However, the telly didn't come with any glasses, so we will need to buy them separately (we need active ones). I was wondering if anyone could recommend any? Does it matter which ones we buy so long as they are active?

Geordie2004

Established Member
Samsung UE40JU7000T 40"

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
I believe you would need Samsung glasses such as these:
Amazon product

(Please note I didn't shop around so you might be able to get them cheaper elsewhere)

I think it is worth highlighting that IMHO you will need 3D content to make it worthwhile. Some 3D Blu-rays are really impressive (e.g. Gravity and Terminator Genesis) and, certainly in my opinion, make it very worthwhile investing in glasses. However, using any 2D-3D mode on your TV is unlikely to be that impressive.

Geordie2004

Established Member
Okay, is it important to buy brand-specific glasses then?

And I'm already aware of the issues with 2D-3D conversion, but thanks for the info anyway. :)

Rasczak

Distinguished Member
As I understand it is for Samsung models. I have a Samsung screen myself and purchased the same glasses.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom