3D glasses and Cineworld cinemas

TylerDurden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that Cineworld allows you to keep the 3D glasses when you watch a 3D film with them. Anyone know if you have to pay extra to keep the glasses or do you just buy them in the first place ?

I work for another big cinema, the extra charge aint for the glasses its just for the £D technology, u still have to pay the same price each time. You can keep the glasses though. Recommend IMAX if you get the chance!:thumbsup:

I work for another big cinema, the extra charge aint for the glasses its just for the £D technology, u still have to pay the same price each time. You can keep the glasses though. Recommend IMAX if you get the chance!:thumbsup:

No, in cineworld if you bring your own glasses you don't have to pay the 80p again. They ask you when you buy the ticket if you need the glasses.

You do pay a 3D ticket premium though for 3D films. So for example:

normal price £5
3D premium £3
Glasses £.8

Total ticket price £8.80.

Bring your own specs and you pay £8.

They used to give the glasses out free. Why do we have to pay extra for the glasses. I mean do people carry their 3D specs on them at all times? They should at least take them back and refund the 80p.

The price of the glasses used to be included in the 3D premium that was added to the ticket price, but it was not very cost effective or environmentally friendly to give out a new pair of glasses every single time you went to see a 3D film. I personally saw a few 3D films when they first came out and soon ended up with a useless collection of glasses that I didn't need as at the time they wouldn't allow me to take in my own ones. By paying a one-off charge for them and then being able to reuse ones I already have I find it much better.
Also, generally people do carry there 3D glasses on them if they are going to see a 3D film.
As for the idea of taking glasses back for a refund, what would be the point? As a customer I wouldn't bother for the sake of 80p, its not worth the time or hassle. As a company why would Cineworld want to refund loads of glasses that they're only going to throw away anyway? They can't reuse or resell them for hygiene reasons so it would be bad business for them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom