• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3D Footie at cinema... erm, where then?

snadge

Established Member
I read all over that selected theaters (50 of them) are playing world cup matches (25 of them) in 3D ... but all the google searching and websites i come across just say exactly that and do NOT say which venues are taking part...

can anyone else enlighten me? I think its a bit of a cock-up for them to do all this without advertising it at all...

i wont feel any sympathy for SONY, FIFA or the CINEMA owners when they open the doors on the day and no-one turns up... :thumbsdow

Miss Mandy

I don't know of anywhere showing World Cup matches in 3D, but I believe talks between Cineworld and any relevant parties are still ongoing for the 2010/11 Premiership season.
After a successful trial with the rugby six nations they want to expand that into other sports, with football being the obvious next step.

I thought it was pubs? Anyway Lichfield has a pub doing it.

aprout

Distinguished Member
selected Odeon cinemas are showing all the England matches (for free!). No mention of 3D though.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom