3D films from hard drive

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by jbenmore, Dec 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jbenmore

jbenmore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am currently waiting for this TV to arrive. I have a couple of questions.

1) I intend to use the USB ports as much as possible. I no longer have a sky subs so will not be able to use their sky plus functionality. Is the record function for freesat good with this TV? I understand you need to have it on the channel that you want to record from as it only has one tuner. Freeview reception is poor where we are so this feature will be redundant. I am considering getting the samsung freesat hd pvr (7800) if needs be.

2) I have 2TB hard drive that is currently attached to a mac mini which in turn is attached via hdmi to my current TV. I was hoping to attach this directly to the D8000. It is formatted to mac. Would I need to reformat it to be recognised by the sammy? If so, what to? I am hoping to remove the mac mini and use it as a stand alone desktop.

3) Are there any files that will not play on the samsung, eg .mkv? Most 3D films are mkv files and if these don't play on the sammy, does anyone have a work around or an alternative to get 3D films to play?

Many thanks!

2. jbenmore

jbenmore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    sorry, I want it make it clear that I would like to attach the hard drive directly to the tv not the mac mini. thanks!