• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

3D DVDs

amavadia

Does anyone know of any good movies that have been released in 3D?

All I can find is shrek and trash like "Zombie Chronicles"

Are there any big films out there?

Mark Costello

Distinguished Member
The only ones I know of, apart from the ones mentioned, are 'Spy Kids 3-D' and 'Shark Boy and Lava Girl', both by robert rodriguez. I've got Spy Kids 3-D and I have to admit, even on a 32" tv, the 3-D was infinitely better than the Shrek 3-D disk. Oh, and the film was a hoot as well - who'd have though Stallone could actually be amusing! Not seen the other one so can't comment.

Hope this helps,

Mark

amavadia

lol, spy kids and shark boy + lava girl isnt really the genre i was looking for.

any more mature titles you know of?

Marc

Distinguished Member
There's an apparently awful horror movie called "the park" with some 3d sequences. i have it on dvd but not got around to watching it yet..

there's also a 3d sequence in a nightmare on elm st part 6 (region 1 version)

there's also an imax dvd named "encounter in the 3rd dimension" which is more of a series of tech demonstrations, but it's fun nonetheless

amavadia

I think i will have a look at a couple of imax presentations, there seems to be a few in 3d

Marc

Distinguished Member
i think they do a few which require shutter glasses, they're supposed to be much better than the normal red/blue ones

steve69

wasnt jaws 3 shot in 3d. cant remember it was so long ago but u had to have them glasses to watch it.

Ger

James Cameron's IMAX 3D documentary about the Titanic (think its called Ghosts of the Titanic) is in 3D on the Japanese DVD. I have it and its not bad. gnerally though I don't think that 3D on TVs is any good!

amavadia

hmm, would rather an english version.

its not for a tv... its for my home cinema 2m wide projected screen ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom