1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3d dvd

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by chaz, May 22, 2003.

1. chaz

chaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +158
    Hi just a little pice in july issue of hc its a dvd called haunted castle what is so special about it is you can get in 3d conplete with 3d glasses or you can buy lcd shutterglasses the point does any body where i can buy it i have looked on the internet but cant find it any where can any body help :confused:

2. WBC

WBC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. ted26

ted26

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    So how many films can u buy in this 3d format? and if u can get more then where from ?

4. Fatti

Fatti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
  5. Peter O Sullivan

Peter O Sullivan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just incase any of ye are thinking of using this with a LCD projector or rear projection TV, read a bit more into it before you buy. I remember looking into this about a year ago and I read somewhere that the system wouldn't work with LCD projections because the projector is continuously changing its refresh rate or something like that which messes up the glasses and the 3d effect not working.

Could of been a different system and I can't remember where I read it. Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but hopefully some else might have that system already and hopefully let you know what I just said is totally wrong.

Just saw this as a review

Awesome on a Big Screen TV, January 6, 2003
    Reviewer: A viewer from Canoga Pk., CA United States
    I have a 65 in. widescreen projection tv and the quality on theses DVD's are unbelivably great.The 3-D is outstanding!! I wasn't dissapointed in any of them. This system is the best. Just like any top-notch amusement park / simulator ride. The 3-D is right in your face.IF YOU OWN A PROJECTION / FLAT SCREEN TV, or it is a widescreen, don't be fooled by other reviews that tell you it won't work. It even says in the instruction guide that it won't work on flat screen and that it is only made for tube tv's. Well, that is simply not true becasue it owrked excellent on mine. Before returning it MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CONNECTIONS correct and you have the picture adjusted correctly. Once it it set you'll be amazed.I highly suggest those with big screen tv's get this box set if your into top-notch quality home theatre special effects.

So Chaz if you are using a projector or rear proj. TV fire ahead. And if it is a normal CRT TV you are using, this reply was kinda wasful. (nothing else to do anyway). But now I know that I can get one for my projector and it will work so I'm chuffed.