3D detection problem on new Panasonic ST31

mabbyb

Established Member
Reaction score
I purchased a Panasonic 50ST31 from Comet 3 days ago but seem to be having a problem with the 3D detection.

Whilst watching some 3D content through my V+ box the tv started constantly jumping between 3D & 2D for about 2 minutes, making it completely unwatchable. It seemed liked it was struggling to detect the 3D content. I rewound the programme to make sure it was not this particular part of the programme causing the problem but it didn't do it the second time.

I had the 3D detection set to on & not advanced as earlier in the day whilst playing Call of Duty on split screen it was also switching from 2D to 3D, but I put this down to exactly the same images being displayed in both halves of the screen hence confusing the tv into thinking it was a 3D image.

I think I will contact Comet this morning to arrange an exchange on the tv.

Last edited:
I purchased a Panasonic 50ST31 from Comet 3 days ago but seem to be having a problem with the 3D detection.

Whilst watching some 3D content through my V+ box the tv started constantly jumping between 3D & 2D for about 2 minutes, making it completely unwatchable. It seemed liked it was struggling to detect the 3D content. I rewound the programme to make sure it was not this particular part of the programme causing the problem but it didn't do it the second time.

I had the 3D detection set to on & not advanced as earlier in the day whilst playing Call of Duty on split screen it was also switching from 2D to 3D, but I put this down to exactly the same images being displayed in both halves of the screen hence confusing the tv into thinking it was a 3D image.

I think I will contact Comet this morning to arrange an exchange on the tv.

I think this is something to do with the screen brightness and contrast.
Both my UT30's did this when viewing 2D pictures eg when viewing break in slides (the bright red or bright blue colours), although both UT30's also did this while viewing general 2D TV as well
I can get my ST30 to do the same on the slides but for now it hasn't done this at all on general 2D viewing
My settings are Photo mode with 75% contrast with brightness and colour at 45%

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom