3D Correction Settings (LG?)

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by CaptnSpaulding, Aug 9, 2012.

1. CaptnSpaulding

CaptnSpaulding

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +896
    I did something I shouldn't have which was mess about with the 3D settings on my new LG TV and now want to know what the default setting was if anyone can help?

Basically I was finding my 3D videos fuzzy and hard to get my eyes to adjust to the picture. The only settings it allows me to change is the 3D depth and 'correction settings' which is 'left/right' and 'right/left'.

3D depth didn't do anything so I switched the correction settings... about 50 times and now I cannot remember which was the default setting.

I personally prefer 'right/left' and find it most comfortable, but something tells me it should be the other way and that I should adjust to 3D, or maybe it's just my eyes as everyone else who's seen 3D on the TV have been blown away.

I changed it because I downloaded some demo videos from the net and think some looked better when I changed this setting but the 3D didn't seem as 'pop out' but the depth got better.

Suppose I should go with what looks best for me really but have that horrible thought in my head that it should be on the other setting and I haven't got it set up right :facepalm:

Sorry for the long thread for such a simple question lol

Thanks

2. Jason Shouler

Jason Shouler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    I believe you're correct that "left/right" is the default (it is on my LG)

You should however choose which looks best which should be easy (but tricky on very poor conversions) with a true 3D source i.e. look for strong depth

3. derek500

derek500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +497
    As Jason said Left/Right is default. I've had a couple of downloads that needed Right/Left.

As for 3D depth, that only applies to 2D > 3D conversion.

4. CaptnSpaulding

CaptnSpaulding

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +896
    hmm.. thanks guys.

Bit confused now as I found a 'factory reset' option on the TV so used it. Left everything on default settings and stuck in Despicable Me 3D blu-ray and it was defaulted to right/left- which again looked better for me.

Have I got left handed eye sight!? LOL

Never mind... I'm pretty happy now I have the option for factory reset so I'm not paranoid I messed anything up!

Still pretty baffled with this right/left though but I'm leaving it alone now!

5. Jason Shouler

Jason Shouler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    There's actually a real easy way of checking the left/right business without touching the remote.

Quickly turn your glasses upside down and if the 3D looks better then that means you need to toggle eye correction.

Generally, unless you're into dodgy downloads then it's something you can forget about most of the time :)