3D bluray from PC not working

pickie2002

Standard Member
Hi all im having probs getting a 3D bluray movie (Avatar) to work properly from my pc spec is

C2D E6600
GTX460
powerdvd 10 MK2 and TMT5
connected directly to TV panasonic 46VT20 via HDMI

both software wont detect my TV ? if i force it to 3D ready TV the software outputs the blury 3D image but no matter what setting i choose on the software and the TV i can not get the glasses to put the image together

glasses are working as i have tryed the 2D to 3D conversion on the TV and that looks fine, but thats not true 3D bluray 3D :(

anyone got any ideas whats wrong ?? i did do some searches on here but didnt find a solution :(

thanks

Mike

pickie2002

Standard Member
have you gone through the stereoscopic setup wizard in the nVidia control panel?
i had a look at thouse settings but when i ran the wizard it says you need the Nvidia 3D vision IR transmitter and glasses which i dont have, cos my TV does all that ??

am i wrong in thinking that i dont need Nvida Vision if i got bluray player and 3D bluray capable software and a TV thats got IR transmitter and glasses panasonic 46VT20 ??

simonskii

I have a GTx220 connected to a samsung plasma, and it let me run the 3d wizard without 3D vision. Do you have up to date drivers?

pickie2002

Standard Member
yes im running 260.99 mayby i just need to egnore the list and just carry on with the wizard and go though it if it will let me , ill try when i get home,

cheers

Mike

..El Nino..

In the Nvidia Control panel you need to go to change resolution, and inside there is HD3D resolutions, 1920 x 1080 @24 and 1280 x 720 @60. Change to the first one and your all set, load the 3d blu ray and will now work.

Had the same problem myself ;)

pickie2002

Standard Member
have you gone through the stereoscopic setup wizard in the nVidia control panel?
the wizard demands i plug the Nvidia 3D vision IR thingy in :( so it wont let me pass that stage :(

surely i dont need Nvidia vison ??

this is so frustrating :( i didnt get the 3D bluray player cos i thought just plugging the pc into it will do the same job and better

but at the mo very wrong :(

anymore thoughts anyone ????????

pickie2002

Standard Member
still no luck :( although i found out some info ill try when i get home, at the moment my tv is a extension of my pc monitor and while doing some reading it says the tv has to be the primary display which at the moment isnt so ill make it primary and see what happens

Trending threads

Top Bottom