3D Blu ray playback problems

forceword

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently upgraded my projector to a Panasonic PT-7000 (called the PT AT5000E here in the UK) with the hope of playing 3D blu-rays from my HTPC.

I've used the setup for playing regular blu-ray for a long time with no problems but I can't seem to get it working with 3D blu rays.

My setup is a Core i5 processor and an AMD Radeon HD 6570 graphics card with the latest catalyst drivers. I usually run it through an Onkyo 616 AVR but for the purposes of testing have connected the PC directly to the projector.

For playback I've tried PowerDVD 12 and TotalMedia Theatre 5 with no success. As soon as I attempt to play 3D content the projector loses the signal.

I'm pretty AV and computer literate but this has got me stumpted and I'd be really grateful if anyone could help.

Thanks,

Liam

That IS an interesting one...!

My first thoughts...

HDMI cable- is it v1.4 or higher and good quality at that- how long is it? etc
Handshake issues- Im not that familiar with AMD cards but Nvidia will show HCDP compliance status in its control panel- if AMD does something similar does it confirm everything is compliant?
Also, when connected directly to the PJ can you confirm the PC has been shut down before doing so and restarted with the PJ being the only thing running?
With Nvidia you have to "activate" the 3d vision so to speak, if AMD has something similar have you turned it on so it knows to display 3d things?

Im sure youve thought of all these things but always worth checking

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom