3d Blu-ray ISOs

Uncle cuddles

I have lots of 3d blu-rays and want to back them up on my NAS. I am going to rip / decrypt the disc to a folder using makemkv then covert into an ISO using imgburn. I have a 4K Shield Pro, and 4K Apple T`V, so does anyone now if I can play the ISOs on either of those devices (Plex, vlc or kodi perhaps?), or do I need to invest in a new media player?

Apologies if this has already been asked.

daveb975

I use an Apple TV 4K for all of my content, except 3D. As far as I'm aware, there isn't any way of making it compatible with 3D. There wasn't for the Shield either when I had one of those, but that was a while ago so perhaps that has changed.

I use a Zidoo X9S for 3D content and it works well. I use it with MKV rips of my discs rather than ISOs, but I understand it's compatible with both.

The only slight issue I have is that the UI and control on the Zidoo feels very basic when you are used to using Apple TV/Infuse for everything else. The X9S is a couple of generations out of date and I've not even bothered to update the firmware as it works well, so later revisions might be better in this regard.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom