3D Avatar - Is it fake?

Ceeps

Standard Member
Hi everybody, newbie on this forum so be gentle...

My first question of many is:

I recently bought the 3D Avatar Blu Ray from eBay but I'm not convinced it's genuine. It says it's the Panasonic version, but the front and back cover are pretty poor quality prints, the case itself is thinner than usual and there's no booklets or the likes inside.

I haven't tried it for picture & sound yet but it seems a bit iffy to me...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Calum

Rich Marshall

I recently bought the 3D Avatar Blu Ray from eBay but I'm not convinced it's genuine. It says it's the Panasonic version, but the front and back cover are pretty poor quality prints, the case itself is thinner than usual and there's no booklets or the likes inside.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Calum

Do you have a link to the ebay listing you could post up here?

andy1249

Distinguished Member
How about some pictures of the item you bought ?

saarnold

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Calum
Hi Ceeps,
sounds genuine - it should say on the back 'Panasonic Exclusive' and on the front at the bottom it should say 'not for sale. promotional use only'. Your right, the cover print is poor but these are 'freebees' with Panasonic tv's and BD players - i had 2 copies and they both look like this, but you wait till you play whats inside!!!:smashin:

saarnold

Ceeps

Standard Member
Hi all

Thanks for the replies, almost forgot I'd started this thread as I've been busy at work but all sound very promising!

Haven't managed to try the film yet as I'm after a new 3D set up which I'll be asking about in the 'players & recorders' section very shortly :smashing:

Only have so long to return it though if it is naff, so better get my finger out!

Thanks again

Calum

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom