3D 5.1 Surround Sound

stanleyfox69

Standard Member
Hi All,

Am about to take a dive into the market for a surround sound system

I will be running a PS3 & Sky HD through the amp (Sky audio through optical of course).

I would like the amp to be 3D (1.4) compatible (in line with a 3D TV a am about to purchase; Panny GT30) but am unsure on what is around on the market nowadays.

Can anyone recommend packages between £250 - £400

I am hoping to take a venture down to Richer Sounds (or similar) to try and bag a TV/AV package deal...... if I buy both from them.
(going to be sore on the wallet)

Any help/recommendations are much appreciated.

Thanks

sergiup

Distinguished Member
The Onkyo HTS3405 is £250 - Onkyo HTS3405 Black | 5.1 Package System inc. Speakers excluding DVD player | Richer Sounds (it was about £220 at Best Buy a few days ago, but the code you had to use has expired).

The HTS5405 is £350, a model above. The differences are (from here):
The differences in the two systems consist of the HT-S3405 lacking the front-panel USB port, subwoofer pre-out, and Audyssey 2EQ. The power output of the two systems, however, is exactly the same.

I'd say the biggest difference is the better Audyssey and more importantly having a sub pre-out so that you can get any sub you want later on. I don't know what else you could find in this price bracket, they seem like pretty good deals.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom